🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: New To Upwork
Page options
jenhibbard
Community Member

New To Upwork

I am new to upwork.  This has been so far a good experience.  I have had some people that have invited me to contracts and then in turn tried to lure me away from upwork for pay.  I like the protection upwork offers freelancers to get paid.  I would love some tips on enhancing my profile and building clientele.  I also would like to raise my rate of pay and can not figure out how to do it.  Any tips or suggestions?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
shohel121
Community Member

Hi Jenifer,

Having seen your profile, I would like to suggest the following:

• Make your profile Title professionally more sound. Add your most relevant skill in title. 
  • Your profile Overview should be detailed with all your skills and describing how can you be a help to them. Here's the scope for you to highlight yourself well.
  • Pass some relevant Upwork Tests with good score. This helps at times. 

• Apply only to the jobs that match your skills well so that you can be a performer.
  • In your Cover Letter,  highlight the points the clients specifically mentioned and tell them how efficiently you can help them in a timely manner. 

Best of luck.

Shohel

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
shohel121
Community Member

Hi Jenifer,

Having seen your profile, I would like to suggest the following:

• Make your profile Title professionally more sound. Add your most relevant skill in title. 
  • Your profile Overview should be detailed with all your skills and describing how can you be a help to them. Here's the scope for you to highlight yourself well.
  • Pass some relevant Upwork Tests with good score. This helps at times. 

• Apply only to the jobs that match your skills well so that you can be a performer.
  • In your Cover Letter,  highlight the points the clients specifically mentioned and tell them how efficiently you can help them in a timely manner. 

Best of luck.

Shohel

Thank you so much! I will be working on this the rest of the week. I appreciate u taking time to give me some great points to help!

Thank you, Jenifer!Heart

Shohel
JoanneP

Hi Jenifer,

In addition to AHS SHOHEL's advise, please check out this help article for more information about Upwork Payment Protection. If you have any questions, please let us know. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Search for FLs, as if you were a client. Find ones with experience and credentials comparable to yours, doing th ekind of work you want to do and earning money at it. Study their profiles, how they position themselves, etc. Good luck!

Thank you so much!  

jenhibbard
Community Member

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions!  I will be working on this today.  I am going to continue to keep working towards an outstanding profile.  Upwork has been such a gem for me because when I started this I lost everything in a fire in the first weeks of starting to freelance at upwork. The contracts would trickle down and it helped me get through a rough time.  As I continue to rebuild from that loss, Upwork has been a hidden opportunity to grow.  So I look forward to a wonderful growth as a freelancer here so I can showcase my skills.  Upwork was literally part of a life saver for me!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths