🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: New Upwork User - Work Diary Screenshots ...
Page options
91e03d8f
Community Member

New Upwork User - Work Diary Screenshots not working, help!

I am a first time user and have just started my first contract. I am a Mac laptop user. My first screenshot once I started tracking my time was of my screensaver, not any of the work I was doing! How do we fix this so that it only screenshots the app I am actively using! 

5 REPLIES 5
JoanneP

Hi Mary Anne,

Could you please try the troubleshooting steps on this help article? If the issue persists, please let us know so we can check by following the instructions on how to report a problem on the same article. One of our team members will be assisting you further. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
richard_wein
Community Member

Mary Anne M wrote:

I am a first time user and have just started my first contract. I am a Mac laptop user. My first screenshot once I started tracking my time was of my screensaver, not any of the work I was doing! How do we fix this so that it only screenshots the app I am actively using! 

That's interesting. I just got a Mac recently and have only tracked time on it twice. (I still do most of my work on a PC.) Both times the first screenshot showed my desktop. I didn't worry too much about it, as subsequent screenshots are OK. But now I'm thinking this might be something to do with the way the tracker works on a Mac. I'll be interested to hear what you discover.

Mary Anne/Richard, I've always had time tracker set to capture all monitors, and that records the desktop, but it's never recorded a screensaver that I'm aware of, probably because it's never idle long enough for screensaver (login screen in my case) to appear when the timer is running.

John K wrote:

Mary Anne/Richard, I've always had time tracker set to capture all monitors, and that records the desktop, but it's never recorded a screensaver that I'm aware of, probably because it's never idle long enough for screensaver (login screen in my case) to appear when the timer is running.

Perhaps my case is different from Mary Anne's. What the tracker recorded for me was my empty desktop, not a screensaver. (I don't recall seeing a screensaver yet on my Mac.) And maybe my desktop really was showing on my screen for a brief time, and was just snapped by chance.

Richard, MacOS does have screensavers but you never see them if Energy Saver is set to turn off display before screensaver kicks in.
Learning Paths