🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: New User Question
Page options
hkay77
Community Member

New User Question

I am a new freelancer to Upwork, and I had a question.

If I submit a proposal for a project for work and I do not match 100% of their criteria, do they still see my proposal? I find it odd I have submitted several proposals without any replies. I am new and do not have any ratings or success percentages so I am not sure if that keeps me from being seen or my proposals from being delivered.

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

@Heather K wrote:

If I submit a proposal for a project for work and I do not match 100% of their criteria, do they still see my proposal? I find it odd I have submitted several proposals without any replies.

Yes, they still see your proposals, but you will find that you will might need to submit a lot of proposals to land your first contract, and that most clients only respond if they are interested in interviewing you and discussing their projects further.

It feels "strange" at first to get no reaction, positive or negative, but you get used to it.

Once you have your first completed contract with feedback you will likely see a better response rate, but while you're starting out you'll need a degree of patience 🙂

Keep at it and Good Luck!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

@Heather K wrote:

If I submit a proposal for a project for work and I do not match 100% of their criteria, do they still see my proposal? I find it odd I have submitted several proposals without any replies.

Yes, they still see your proposals, but you will find that you will might need to submit a lot of proposals to land your first contract, and that most clients only respond if they are interested in interviewing you and discussing their projects further.

It feels "strange" at first to get no reaction, positive or negative, but you get used to it.

Once you have your first completed contract with feedback you will likely see a better response rate, but while you're starting out you'll need a degree of patience 🙂

Keep at it and Good Luck!

hkay77
Community Member

Yes, I figured I might need to submit A LOT of proposals before they bite, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a filter on that prevented them from seeing my proposal because I don't have a success score percentage yet and not considered 'rising talent'. Smiley Wink

Thanks!

barada00
Community Member

They see your proposals. Try to surprise them with the first couple of lines. Think of your proposal as an advertising copy. Sell your services.

hkay77
Community Member

Smiley Surprised Thank you! Yes, we always need to sell ourselves for work!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths