cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New Zealand bank account

Anil J Member Since: Sep 16, 2015
11 of 16

But I wonder you need to transfer payment from paypal to the bank, right ?

Also do we need to pay TAX for the money that we are getting from UPWORK ? If so how can we register for that 

12 of 16

Hi, My payment also get rejected by bank because of invalid account details. I'm not sure why this is happening, I even filled up the details infront of bank representative to make sure that it's correct.

Anybody else from NZ receiving funds from Upwork to your bank account ?

13 of 16

At last I got the payment from UPWORK to my NZ bank account. This is how you should fillup the payment details on UPWORK,

New Zealand: The typical New Zealand account number looks like: AA BBBB CCCCCCC DDD
AA= Bank BBBB= Branch code CCCCCCC= account number DDD= suffix AABBBB is also the BSB number. 

The 12 digit number includes a 8 digit bank account number AND a 4 digit suffix. If bank account number is less than 8 digits, use leading zeroes. If suffix is less than 4 digits, use leading zeroes. 
For example:  Bank acct#: 12345 Suffix: 89 
User should enter: 001234560089

Don't get confused because UPWORK support told me twise that I need to use 3 digit suffix and at last only they confirmed that I need to use 4 digit suffix. So the above format will work perfect Smiley Happy

Jonathan R Member Since: Oct 16, 2017
14 of 16

Hi, 

I just wanted to clarify your response:

If you're bank account number is AA BBBB CCCCCCC DDD (as per your notation earlier), do you put "0CCCCCCC0DDD" for your account number, and "AABBB" for the BSB code?

Cheers,

Jon

15 of 16

Hi Jon,

I bank with westpac nz, my account number is : AA-BBBB-CCCCCCC-DDD

so for me the BSB code is the first 6 digits of my bank account that is AABBBB

"

If you're bank account number is AA BBBB CCCCCCC DDD (as per your notation earlier), do you put "0CCCCCCC0DDD" for your account number"

Yes for the account number what you have mentioned is correct.

Highlighted
Liang R Member Since: Feb 7, 2019
16 of 16

Thanks for your clarification, it helps a lot. Just confirm one thing, if the suffix is 00, should I use 0000 for the suffix?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS