cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New at freelancing

Brandon D Member Since: Jan 6, 2017
1 of 4

Hey guys! Just started my upwork profile about 2 days ago. I've sent out some proposals and not one besides scams have came back to me. I know it's a little harder to do when you have no portfolio or any expire center becoming s virtual assistant. This is something I really want to try out as it seems very enjoyable. Anyone with experience  have any tips for a guy like me? Thank and much appreciated. 

Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 4

Reading your profile, I know you're confident, and detailed oriented and you'll do things when you say you'll do them. but it tells me nothing of your skills.

Do you scheduling meetings, schedule and book travel plans, enter billing information, (if so, what software programs such as Quickbooks etc) do you have experience with? Can you compose emails, transcrbe notes? Do you have the ability to fax documents, and can you create spreadsheets. Do you know how to use Word and PowerPoint? What other skills do you have that relate to the jobs you're looking for?

You need to showcase your experience and qualifications and not talk about how dependable you are. You are in a heavyly saturated market competing against hundreds of other freelancers. You need to market youself to set yourself up for a clien tto hire you above the other freelancers.

Also, take the time to read some of the posts here so you know what to look out for in the way of scams, the do's and don'ts of this site and the procedures.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 4

It is better to be good at one skill than aspire to hundreds.

Highlighted
Brandon D Member Since: Jan 6, 2017
4 of 4
I appreciate you taking the time to read my profile and tell me what I should be doing and what I shouldn't be doing. It's my first time being a freelancer and it's nice to get feedback.

I'll go and change some stuff in my profile and add what I have experience in like Microsoft office, quickbooks, schedule meetings etc. any other tips I should know to help me get clients with no working experience working as a virtual assistant?
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS