🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: New freelancer - Questions About Bidding
Page options
cindymac96
Community Member

New freelancer - Questions About Bidding

Hello everyone.

I had some questions regarding bidding.

I see that Upwork lets you send proposals using "connects," however, the Plus membership only provides 70 connects per month. Since applying to jobs cost 6 connects, that means I'm only provided 12 bids per month? If I'm correct, why are we only given 12 bids? That's pretty discouraging as a new freelancer as I don't want to upgrade to a membership while only being able to place 12 bids a month and potentially getting no jobs. 

4 REPLIES 4
tropicany
Community Member

Not every job requires 6 connects. Plenty of them require only 2 or 4 connects.

You can purchase extra connects.

robin_hyman
Community Member

Upwork doesn't let you submit via connects, they require it.  You will probably apply to more than 12 jobs over the course of a month.  And yes, if you run out of connects you can purchase more.  

williambernal
Community Member

CM,

Welcome to UW!

Please remember you are not required to upgrade your Connects package.

And, unfortunately, if you're that concerned with the Connects fees then UW may not be for you as it will almost certainly take you more than 12 bids (and may take a great deal more) until you score your initial gig in a niche that seems to be flooded with vastly more experienced FLs.

Your profile looks clean but with zero UW experience and zero work history you're undoubtedly facing an uphill battle.

Best of luck to you.

Work smart, work safe!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths