🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » New freelancer on Upwork
Page options
usmanasif9582
Community Member

New freelancer on Upwork

Hi, I am new to Upwork and I have more than 5 years of experience in recruiting and Business development. I am continuously applying for jobs. I have done projects with big companies like Growlabs, expiry, and invoice simple Information unlimited inc. But I have not received a single message on Upwork. I mentioned my previous samples or projects in the cover letter. Please help me I want to start my freelancer career. Please do some help. Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bilz636
Community Member

Hi Usman Welcome to Upwork family.

you have to be patient about getting job in upwork.

Here's few tips for you;

• Narrow down your working niche  where you may seen just few jobs but success rates are better.
  • while submitting propsals, just provide solutions to client's problem. Avoid Hello i am profession X with X experience. They know you're professional! thats why you're in upwork so avoid these type of lines.
  • submit yourproposal to only these where you're 100% sure its for you!
  • lastly but very IMPORTANT, never give up or lose hope. Sometime it takes time to getting a job but once you get a job, you make sure you get really good  rating n feedbacks.

I hope it helps good luck

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
765ca4fc
Community Member

I think you need a Rising talent. It helps a lot in getting projects.

bilz636
Community Member

Hi Usman Welcome to Upwork family.

you have to be patient about getting job in upwork.

Here's few tips for you;

• Narrow down your working niche  where you may seen just few jobs but success rates are better.
  • while submitting propsals, just provide solutions to client's problem. Avoid Hello i am profession X with X experience. They know you're professional! thats why you're in upwork so avoid these type of lines.
  • submit yourproposal to only these where you're 100% sure its for you!
  • lastly but very IMPORTANT, never give up or lose hope. Sometime it takes time to getting a job but once you get a job, you make sure you get really good  rating n feedbacks.

I hope it helps good luck

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths