Did you mean: 

New guy. Dropping by to say hello!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
11 of 20

@Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Jennifer,

Not at all, just "highlighting" the facts Smiley Happy.

I do believe that all users, in particular new ones, can learn a lot from your posts regarding managing clients and your approach to freelancing. I'm sure others users enjoy reading your Coffee Break posts as much as I do, and wanted to give the OP a chance to get some productive advice on this thread as well as the entertaining warm welcome. Hope you don't mind my informal tone, replying to active members like yourself in the Community sometimes feels more like communicating with acquaintances.

Well I am glad they woke you up, VLAD DADDY.  U know I'm a delicate little snowflake and I got all these feels and then my pink hair is just to take it out on the man.

\m/

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
12 of 20

Hi Matt, 

Welcome to freelancing, and Upwork! I would recommend that you visit Vladimir's thread on "Getting Started on Upwork." It has all the necessary links to different blog posts and community threads that will help you on your journey to freelancing. 

Goodluck, and happy working!

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Matt R Member Since: Jan 31, 2017
13 of 20

Thank you!

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Yoshua Yasmin S Member Since: Nov 9, 2016
14 of 20

Welcome Matt - you'll find many rare breeds of people *runs away* over here. Smiley Tongue

Wishing you'd reach a great success in your freelancing career!

Highlighted
Barbara D Member Since: Feb 1, 2017
15 of 20

Hi,

I'm new too... I sent more than 10 proposals, but nobody is answering or contacting me.

I'm not sure if they get my proposal.

How can I find out?

Greetings

Barbara

Highlighted
Community Guru
16 of 20

Welcome, NOOB.

You can't is the answer to your question, but you can tell us 3 things about you. Perferably, deviant stuff.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
17 of 20

Hi Barbara,

Jennifer isn't quite right about that. Don't tell her I said it though.Woman Wink

If your proposals show under your proposal page, it means they have been delivered to the clients.

Unfortunately, clients don't always get back to every freelancer who applied to their job. In order to stand out and catch their attention, you can expand your profile overview a bit and add more information about your skills and experience. Adding relevant portfolio items is also a great way to attract clients' attention to your profile. Also make sure your proposals are well-written and specifically address requirements in the job post.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
18 of 20

No one buys me sneakers. Or chocolate, for that matter.

Highlighted
Community Guru
19 of 20

This thread is terrible now because VLAD DADDY hurt my feelings and as you know I'm a delicate little snowflake and nobody has made that 2am emergency phone call to VLAD DADDY and everything is not ok in my world rn and it's all because of him.

VLAD DADDY do you really want to hurt me? Do you really want to make me cry?

Highlighted
Matt R Member Since: Jan 31, 2017
20 of 20

Really? I'm enjoying it.