🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: New here? Please introduce yourself!
Page options
AndreaG

New here? Please introduce yourself!

Hey all!

Welcome to the Upwork Community! Check out this list of Upwork Community offerings and explore how you can participate, attend events, learn best practices, and become even more successful with Upwork.

To kick start your community journey, we recommend introducing yourself to your fellow. Using the questions we’ve provided (or a style all your own), reply to this post and tell us a little about yourself!

1. What field do you work in, and where are you located?
  2. What are you hoping to learn from other members? 
  3. What (or who) inspires you?

~Andrea
Upwork
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,279 REPLIES 1,279
a03c1d64
Community Member

Hi everone,

I hope you all doing well.

I was a teacher for more than teacher in school. Currently, I live in Peshawar Pakistan and I am looking for a remote job. 

I can teach English langauage for elementry levels. Also, notice that I am a Persian native speaker. 

Moreover, I can tutorring Math upto secondary school, and Physics upto high school in Afghanistan. but other countries are negotiable. Additionally, I am looking for some easy jobs such as typing, or data entry. 

Actually, having a job with good income, or a good income or upgrading my skills and my knowledge inspires me more.

I appreciate you all in advance for helping me and guiding me towards getting my first job here.

Best Regards,

Hussain Ali Nawid

894408a5
Community Member

Hi everyone!

I'm Penny. I am a business consultant who works on a wide range of projects. I find that I especially enjoy creating presentations and accompanying handouts, and other informational brochures and ebooks.

I'm looking forward to expanding my reach here on Upwork.

I currently live in North Carolina, USA, in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains.

I am hoping to learn best practices from all of you!

e4e920ad
Community Member

hi i'm Hakid
I have knowledgeable Graphic Designer / Customer Service / Virtual Assistant / Translation / Social Media Manager.
Hoping to learn more about job finding in upwork, guidelines and techniques.

Thanks

f738ef41
Community Member

Hi, I'm an experienced Copywriter, Editor, and Content Marketing Strategist. Currently I live in Banglaesh and I would love to get upwork tips and suggestions from expert freelancers here. Thanks 🙂

ef0e77cc
Community Member

I'm Akhil,
a QA Engineer on my way to become an SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test).

67b0ea2f
Community Member

Hey,

I am Partho Debnath. I am a professional SEO expert from Bangladesh.

I want to Learn from upwork members.

I inspired by my elder brother

5762767f
Community Member

I wanted to introduce myself to the community. My nana is Angelina and my friends and associates call me Angie or GieGie.

I've been committed to the Mortgage, Lending, Credit Industry for over 30 years now. I'm looking to utilize my skills in a new environment and potentially learn some additional skills. Maybe even looking for a mentor.

Feel free to connect with me. I'm not shy. 🙂

GieGie

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hello. I'm Mannielyn, the new member of the team. Nice to meet you all.

d2ffbc6b
Community Member

Good evening. New to Upwork, but anxious to learn about how all this works. I'm ready to go to work.

A: My field is Office Assistant. I love being the Managers Right hand lady. I've learned so much.

I'm hoping to learn how to start with the proposals? And about asking Qualifying questions? How to grow.

My Husband inspires me. He works all the time, never complains, and will walk in the door with this huge grin on his face. 

8bb87320
Community Member

Hi everyone 👋 I'm Katie! I'm an OBM who helps neurodiverse business owners like myself save time and energy with repeatable, streamlined systems. I love working on sales funnels, CRM setup, automations and project management

522a4147
Community Member

Hi everyone, my name is Erica, and I'm based in Virginia, USA. However, I'm currently in Colorado until the end of this month and will be moving to Utah until the end of April. My areas of expertise are graphic design and social media marketing. I'm currently pursuing the Google Digital Marketing & Ecommerce Professional Certificate to expand my knowledge and skills in various digital marketing fields. I'm excited to explore the opportunities available on Upwork and leverage my expertise to work for myself!

Hey 

iamw
Community Member

1. What field do you work in, and where are you located?

I work in the field of web development. Specifically, I specialize in designing and building websites using various programming languages and frameworks. As a digital nomad, I prefer to work remotely. I am location independent and can work from anywhere in the world as long as I have a reliable internet connection.

2. What are you hoping to learn from other members?

As a web developer, I believe that learning is a continuous process, and I am always looking for ways to improve my skills and stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends. I hope to learn from other members by exchanging ideas, sharing best practices, and gaining insights into new technologies and techniques.

3. What (or who) inspires you?

As a web developer, I am inspired by the ever-evolving nature of the web and the endless possibilities that it offers. I am also inspired by other successful web developers and entrepreneurs who have made a significant impact in their fields through their hard work, creativity, and dedication. Finally, I am motivated by the satisfaction that comes with creating something from scratch and seeing it come to life on the web.

Looking forward to working with upwork community and on new projects.

93825d3d
Community Member

What field do you work in, and where are you located?

Hello, My name is Desiare and I am located in Houston TX.  I am new to Upwork, I currently work in the Training and Development field, however, I also belong to a sorority where I am the public relations officer and I design all of the social media graphics and manage all of our social media channels. 

What are you hoping to learn from other members? 

I am excited to learn more about freelancing and how to be successful while doing what I love. 

What (or who) inspires you?I am inspired by people and how creative we can be as well as helping others in whatever skillset I have available to me, it is why I have been in the training and development industry for over 15 years and still love what I do. 

bf98307e
Community Member

Hello everyone. Im Azizbek a Front end web developer from Uzbekistan. Im interested in upwork freelancing and learn how upwork works.

e02e606b
Community Member

I'm ayomide, I'm a Web developer with expertise with coding and no-code tools like Bubble, Wordpress

aa5e2641
Community Member

Hi,

I am from Pakistan and working as a video editor and animator social media manager.

I want to learn how to get all benefits of plus membership and want to more about how I can get more success on Upwork.

cfa39353
Community Member

Hi everyone, my name is Fatma and I'm a virtual assistant. I specialize in administrative support, email and social media management, research, and data entry.

I'm excited to join this community and learn from other virtual assistants. I'm interested in tips and best practices, as well as new tools and technologies to improve my work.

I'm inspired by successful entrepreneurs who have built thriving businesses. Their dedication and creativity motivate me to overcome challenges and find new solutions.

Looking forward to connecting with all of you!

94cb430d
Community Member

My name is Tyna, searching for HR Generalist, Data Entry and Virtual Assistant projects.

I am new to freelancing.  Please where can I find helpful tips to submit competitive proposals to get started in Upwork? Thank you

8922a895
Community Member

hy hower you

9b7e9eb5
Community Member

hy i am profashional trainar

Hi

Nice meeting you here

I'm precious by name

From Nigeria

shahim1985
Community Member

Hello,

Greetings from Bangladesh :bangladesh:!

I'm an HR & Compliance Manager having 15 years of experience. I want to learn from the members about Resume writing, and Resume Design, Cover Letter Writing and Recruiting. I have been inspired by Youtube influencer.

1a0821a6
Community Member

Good afternoon all!

I am Promise Essien Akpan but I choose to go with Promise Essien for short.

It gives me pleasure to land here and share thoughts with and learn from members of this amazing community.

I hope the community will help broaden my passion for content writing as well as introduce me in time to the world out there, for my works to meet the eyes that are waiting to see and appreciate them.

I'll also do my best to give time voice to members' works here, to help them meet their life's goal in time.

Once again, thank you for welcoming me. I hope I land safely..

I am Promise Essien 

Writing from Comfort 95.1fm, Uyo

Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria.

3d94a544
Community Member

Hi,

My Name is Carla.

I am a kitchen / interior design full time  professional and new here as freelancer too.

Any tips on how important is to do the video presentation?

Carla

2fb0fddb
Community Member

Hello Everyone,

I am Sneha, I worked as a Senior Test Engineer in an IT firm and also have immense interest in Designing and Art work.

I am looking for finding jobs and opportunities in upwork. And to be a part of the upwork community.

My inspiration is my Son and my Husband. 

fa1a31a8
Community Member

Hi,
I am Jitu from Bangladesh and I am a Data Analyst. I hope the experienced members will help us to improve ourselves in this online job market and tips about to make sure about our clients. As i wanted to earn and i never wanted to work on fixed time that's why i choose this platform.

Hello Upworkers My Name Is Usama And i am a new freelancer at this Platform So i hope i learn some new form your community. Please say to me Best Of luck.

Hi, i'm new in Upwork! Good day to everyone.  

Hy em sadaf em teacher

I want writting anything for somone and earning 

Hello Everyone 

I'm Ayo , a copywriter/content writer to be precides.looking forward to earning some cash and achieving my dreams through freelancing . I'm  super excited to be part of this lovely community. 

I am Nisha Teeluck, and I am 42 years of age. I am from Trinidad and Tobago . I consider myself to be an efficient, organized and critical thinker. I pay particular attention to detail, I am great with time management, I  am a  team player with great interpersonal skills.

I'm an architect, I've experience in 3D modeling and interactive visualization techniques, building, and remodeling!

• Hello am new here I will do writting and translating english to swahili

Hey guys, I'm new here too. I've done freelancing before in the past and am always personally writing and practicing article writing, but when I came to Upwork, I thought YEAH! The real deal! Freelancing is super lucrative today, I got small royalty payments for number of views, and that only the successful ones. Newbies like me, listen..... Take the time to fully explore and go through the Learning Paths, there is so much more potential to really be a true success right here. I gave up everything to finally pursue my dream here, and I think I may have underestimated drastically.

You want to be a success, pay attention to HOW they share the info. HOW they speak. WHAT they're speaking about. The tools are here, the people are here, if you doubt, click on UP Community right now and just see how fired up you'll be! If you aren't fired, wait until you explore the tools on this site that are shared only here, very concise, very easy to comprehend. 

Successful people built and keep this platform, I can tell. I'm going to be a success story someday too! 

my name sahny wep developer

Hi, this is Lizeht from the Dominican Republic, I’m so happy for being herea as part of Upwork’s community and I thank you all for the opportunity.

I am a very skillful and experienced professional. I am graduated in Languages and Business Administration.  I have more than 10 years of experience working for multinational companies and Public International organization such as the United Nations.  I have performed activities in the departments of Finance, Human Resources, Logistic, Procurement.  I speak fluent English and Spanish is my mother tongue. 

I am here looking forward to extending my knowledges abroad and to find hundreds of job opportunities.  I am sure I will be an excellent input to Upwork’s clients.

Community Member

I am new here"Hello everyone, I am a highly skilled freelancer specialize in website designer, leads generation, Clickfunnel expert,I am  from Nigeria.I am here to get some tip from experience freelancer for me to get my first client on Upwork.what inspire me is that I want earn massively on Upwork,also my mummy.

1c4afd2f
Community Member

Hi Community Fellows, 

I am Swapnil, A Freelance QA/Automation Er, I am from Pune(MH), India. I have 2+ yrs of Experience in Manual/Automation Testing for Web application and Mobile application.

I would like to worked with other community members and aquired  the insight of Software testing.

Hopefully I will have a nice journey on 'Upwork'.

Thanks 

83a41109
Community Member

Am Karl, am glad to join this great community. Thanks to Upwork.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths