🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » New here? Please introduce yourself!
Page options
AndreaG

New here? Please introduce yourself!

Hey all!

Welcome to the Upwork Community! Check out this list of Upwork Community offerings and explore how you can participate, attend events, learn best practices, and become even more successful with Upwork.

To kick start your community journey, we recommend introducing yourself to your fellow. Using the questions we’ve provided (or a style all your own), reply to this post and tell us a little about yourself!

1. What field do you work in, and where are you located?
  2. What are you hoping to learn from other members? 
  3. What (or who) inspires you?

~Andrea
Upwork
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,279 REPLIES 1,279
Community Member

i am a professional website designer, Clickfunnel expert, leads generation expert

I am a professional IT Technical Support. Windows operating system environment Support, network support, and other ICT related devices Support. Help desk support, Front-end user support.

PowerPoint presentation skills, intermediate excel skill, digital marketing skill, data entry skill, Google forms and docs skills, 

Hi My name is Neshell,

I am certified Paralegal with contracts and procurement work experience.

Hi. I'm Lawrence Kimuri from Kenya 

I'm a qualified medical practitioner in the field of community and public health , having an experience and knowledge on prevention and management of diseases and related health matters .

Additional skills include ; IT knowledge and data collection as well as research and monitoring and evaluation.

I am here to help clients in designing profesional-standard powerpoint presentation and writing grant proposal for nonprofit. 

85b84ae4
Community Member

I am Iskandar Alex, 

Full Stack developer for over 19 years.

I am excited to start completing projects on Upwork

Hi Iskandar

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to Upwork! I think it's best for you to start with the basics. Go through this Upwork Academy, It has an interactive suite of courses and tools for helping you succeed on Upwork. You'll find topics from best practices for choosing your profile headline and advice to help you get started.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Academy/ct-p/Academy

Hello am new to upwork..i need someone who can walk with in upwork 

Hi Mayur,

Thanks for your reply. For 2 months, I have been bidding for projects at high prices and low prices and no luck. Updated my profile by reading Upwork academy materials. I am disappointed as only spammy client messages I received twice, thought it was a real job opportunity and spent hours answering their questions, and waste of time they were frauds, and scams. I am not sure if I should proceed on this platform again. 

I am new to this platform and like you have bid for projects at high and low prices too. Unforunately, I have not found any luck at all. I am hoping that I may find that elusive project soon but I have also received client messages that are either a scam/pyramid scheme. I will give it a few more tries before I decide on whether to continue here or not. I have had huge respect for Upwork as it seems to be the go-to site for legit freelancing works, but it seems the scammers have stepped up their game as well. 

Yes help me please with the stuff.

hi Iskandar

I experience the same thing on Linked IN and have tried googling the companies who contact me to determine if it is spam.  I wonder if that is something you think might work, or if you've tried to do the same.

HI ! 

I used upwork for my logo & start up ideas for my company I started two years ago. The side that clients see is very cool and informative. It was a very easy & clean procedure. I even gave the graphic designer a great review. I wonder if we are allowed to push ourselves in social media or if we can just get a badge for our Linkedin profiles?  Where else are you advertising that you are here?  

I well joint in your project 

65a44861
Community Member

I'm new to Upwork and very excited to embark on this journey. I am looking forward to many new friends, clients, and experiences. I am sure that using this board will come in handy. Have a good time everyone!

Hello Naz!

Welcome to Upwork, and congratulations on starting your freelancing journey. It's great to hear that you're excited about the opportunities that Upwork can offer, and I'm sure you'll find many new friends, clients, and experiences along the way.

This community board can be an excellent resource for you as a new freelancer, as you can connect with other freelancers, get advice, and share your own experiences. I wish you all the best in your freelancing career and hope you have a great time on Upwork. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need any assistance.

Best regards,

Thank you! I am looking forward to more information and helpful information. 

fjamlang
Community Member

HI everyone! I am Felizardo with more than 30 years of experience in internal audit and risk management. As a retiree, I intend to learn how to generate sufficient amount of earnings through this freelancing platform. I was fortunate to work for brilliant people who provided an insight to the acumen that they followed to develop businesses that are stable, profitable and sustainable.  

Hello, Everyone How Are You

Hello everyone 

I am New to upwork My name is Arslan Khan please visit My profile 

My goal is to achieve successfully to earn from Upwork and make my carrier. 

asif513
Community Member

That's great. I've some tips for you.

1. Make your profile with a good description
  2. Point out your skills and experience.
  3. Apply for jobs that is relevant to your skills
Asif Hossain
85c2b535
Community Member

Noted! Thank you

Thanks for saying .

Hey guys

Hi Matilda, welcome to Upwork! Please don't hesitate to contact me if you require any assistance.

:Mohammed

hi i want to freelance this is my first job...if i have passion we can do everything in this w

ld

Hello Carmina hewby freelancer here.😁

Hello community, I'm new here.
What should I know ?

Hello

You just need to apply for jobs that are relevant to your skills.

Mercy

Hi Felizardo. I am happy to see that there are other oldies but goodies like me on this platform. How is your search going? I wish you the best of luck!

6ed5fb1a
Community Member

Hi, I am Elaine.

I am a registered nurse and located in the Philippines.
I am knowledgeable in data entry..

Hoping to learn more about job finding in upwork, guidelines and techniques.

My inspiration is my family, especially my daughter.. 

f005862e
Community Member

1. I work in the SEO(Search engine optimization) field and I live in Bangladesh.

2. I'm hoping to learn confidence from other members because confidence is key to success.

3. My Mentor Hridoy Chowdhury top rated SEO expert in Bangladesh is my inspiration. he is the best SEO expert in Bangladesh.

87978b5b
Community Member

hey everyone, my name ia mariah im new to the world of transcibing. i dont really know how to get jobs yet.so many of you are much more accomplished then me. but ima give it my best and hopefuly something works. i have always loved to read and write nut not raesly my own stories. which to some is silly cause ie let a few ppl read things ive wrote and have begged me tot ry to write a book,if i ever did it would be under a pen name.

well thanks for taken the time to ear mehearing me out\

*mariah.

mariah mcclellan
bda706e3
Community Member

Hi to you all,

I'm doing writing, copy and paste etc. Whatever might befall me and I can master, it, I will do. From South Africa but planning to come visit. With excitement and a lot of anticipation I joint this platform, jip to make money, but that is not the real reason, it is to grow on my knoledge, my skills, my ability just to name a few. I'm a old student (56) and new to a lot, but don't believe you can't teach a old dog new tricks, looking forward to the possibilities that will arise; patiently, they will come.

Thank you for the opportunity to be in this group and platform.

Conrad 

2c2996f1
Community Member

Hello,

I'm a multidisciplinary artist based out of Pune, India. I'm an actor, voice actor, speech and drama coach and a musician. However I'm mostly looking for voiceover and voice acting gigs on UpWork.

One of the main learning I need to take from others here is how to build myself and my career as a freelancer on Upwork.

I take inspiration from a variety of things. While i have my favourite musicians and artists, my main source of inspiration comes from nature and anything to do with it.

46c37099
Community Member

Hi there I'm Samantha 🙂

I'm a freelance literary editor and I reside in Cape Town / South Africa. 

Hoping to expand my skills and meet like-minded people who I can also get inspiration and advice from who have been in this field longer than I have. 

In regards to inspiration - staying positive, creative and active with constant goals keep me moving. On top of that, hubby is a writer/director so he inspires me to grow in the artist field on all levels as I assist him with editing; copy-writing and conceptual writing and art ideas. I'm also an artist and photographer - working on expanding and perfecting my concept artistry as it's definitely a passion. 

Glad to be here and I look forward to sharing this journey with you all. 

4a1b19b0
Community Member

Hi guys! I'm a Ui and digital Designer, located in Portugal, I'm hoping to grow my business with UpWork and get tips from more experience members.

c706158f
Community Member

I am from India and new to Upwork,  also very excited about it. I have 11 years of work experiance in different MNCs and also pursuing Data Analytics. I am looking forward to explore various fields also earn and learn from here. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths