🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » New here? Please introduce yourself!
Page options
AndreaG

New here? Please introduce yourself!

Hey all!

Welcome to the Upwork Community! Check out this list of Upwork Community offerings and explore how you can participate, attend events, learn best practices, and become even more successful with Upwork.

To kick start your community journey, we recommend introducing yourself to your fellow. Using the questions we’ve provided (or a style all your own), reply to this post and tell us a little about yourself!

1. What field do you work in, and where are you located?
  2. What are you hoping to learn from other members? 
  3. What (or who) inspires you?

~Andrea
Upwork
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,279 REPLIES 1,279
48c52a61
Community Member

Hello everyone

I m professional Graphics designer and also website designer.

I have 2 years experience in Logo design and website design, I m interested to work in project. When I get project I feel happy to do project.

fbad1d24
Community Member

Hello, I am delighted to be able to introduce myself in this community.
This is my first attempt to work for myself, since I have worked in a dependency relationship all my working life.
I have worked in a notary's office and law firm, in a bank with money and administration, also in the directory transcribing the minutes, then with an accountant managing companies, keeping the books and bank accounts.
I have lived in England for ten years, I have worked and I have studied Fine art and design, but I do not do graphic design, I paint portraits.
It has been ten years since I returned from England to my country, Argentina, and I have not returned to work due to my age, but now I would like to strengthen my income from home.
I am sure of my typing skills and I would like a data entry job.
I have seen that there are simple jobs transcribing screenshots to MSWord, but I don't realize what they mean by screenshots and I don't know who to ask.
I hope the community can help me and guide me to get started.
I am already grateful
Lidia

868ce8cc
Community Member

Hello there, I am new to Upwork

Experienced social media manager with 7+ years in creating engaging content that converts. Let's elevate your social presence!

15be4388
Community Member

hi this is kiku boby from pakistan

i wanna learn content writing from other experience mebers please help me out 

money always inspires me

f219ccac
Community Member

I am a new graphic designer, have the ability to help in different kinds of graphic services with good price.

ahase
Community Member

Hello! This is abul hasem from Dhaka, Bangladesh. I am Shopify and photoshop expert.

e5088703
Community Member

What field do you work in, and where are you located?

Hello, My name is Abdul Wahab  and I am located in Pakistan Islamabad I am new to Upwork, I currently work in the Graphic Designing field, however, I also belong to a sorority where I am the public relations officer and I design all of the social media graphics....

What are you hoping to learn from other members? 

I am excited to learn more about freelancing and how to be successful while doing what I love. 

• What (or who) inspires you?I am inspired by people and how creative we can be as well as helping others in whatever skillset I have available to me, it is why I have been in the training and development industry for over 12 years and still love what I dio. 
Abdul Wahab
c1d8e712
Community Member

I want to work in the field of promotion and advertising, and this work is my first job, and I hope that we will help my family with the difficult costs of living, and I hope that I will make profits in order to live a decent life, and that's all

5c30a466
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

I’m medical Doctor by profession,I am looking for job opportunity for medical professionals that how we doctors can work as free lancer to help people by our knowledge or work.

lastly,I have seen ad of textbroker.com on fb reels but as we are not citizens or permanent residents of USA couldn’t work there,from there I have landed on this upwork community because of suggestion of upwork platform there 

Kindly give me little bit of your precious time and help me about how I can get benefit by doing work as a Doctor here!

Thanks,

Regards;Dr. Umair Tahir

rubioalejandro
Community Member

Hello I'm Alejandro,

I am an Immigration Paralegal and  very happy to start my Upwork journey.

4749048d
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

my name is ranim.

I work in mechanical design, I'm from tunisia.

I hope  to learn how to be an Upwork freelancer, And I'm ready to work and focus in this i just need help about how i can do this.

Thanks,

~Ranim

aa1a5358
Community Member

How can I learn freelancing?

Hi Shayon,

Welcome to Upwork! We’re here to help you navigate the world of online work. Let’s start with the basics here at Upwork.
Below there are a few Upwork Academy courses to help you get started:

Additionally, feel free to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork. We hope you find these online resources useful in your Upwork journey.

Thank you,
Pradeep
Upwork
c2f6491a
Community Member

Hey!

My name is raja shahzaib and my education is intermediate.

Im currently a proofreader and im living in pakistan.

How to earn passive money?

im sorry i dont know about who inspires me.

But i want to earn money from home.

a6e89bfc
Community Member

1. What field do you work in, and where are you located?

I am a UX/UI designer with 2+ years of experience in creating user-centered designs for web and mobile applications. I have worked with various clients across industries such as healthcare, finance, and e-commerce. Currently, I am located in Peshawar, Pakistan.

2. What are you hoping to learn from other members?

As a freelancer, I believe in continuous learning and improvement. I am hoping to learn from other members in the Upwork community about new design trends, tools, and techniques that can help me enhance my skills and deliver better results to my clients. I am also looking forward to networking and collaborating with other designers and professionals in the industry.

3. What (or who) inspires you?

I find inspiration in various sources, such as nature, art, and technology. However, what truly inspires me are the users I design for. I believe that creating designs that solve their problems and enhance their experiences is the ultimate goal of UX/UI design. Seeing their positive feedback and how my designs have made a difference in their lives is what drives me to continue designing and improving my skills.

199c12c7
Community Member

Hi I am also needing some assistance with this, please help if possible

Hi Molly and Kasturi,

Welcome to Upwork! We’re here to help you navigate the world of online work. Let’s start with the basics here at Upwork.
Below there are a few Upwork Academy courses to help you get started:

Additionally, feel free to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork. We hope you find these online resources useful in your Upwork journey.

Thank you,
Pradeep
Upwork
1773ac6e
Community Member

Hello, I'm new to this platform. I'm a computer operator and a typist. I also write reviews. What are my chances of earning?

9b1b6a7e
Community Member

Hi, 

I am a Full Stack Developer with over 6+ years of experience and I am new to Upwork, Well I landed a job in just one month after creating my account and the client was extremely happy that she offered me 2 more jobs but after that, I did not get any job even I bid on a lot of jobs any advice.

202db3bd
Community Member

Spoiler

Hi, 

i'm Alice 👋🏼 

i've just graduated from university and i'm here to kick start my careere as a fashion freelencer.

Hope everyone is doing fine :sparkles:

Am new 

55cc67af
Community Member

Hi, I am new to Upwork, my name is Adaeze Sylvanus, I am a freelancer, I type, I proofread, I translate. Looking forward to working with you all in this space

2005cae6
Community Member

Hi, I am new to upwork

My field is copywriting and I am from Nigeria

How to build a good profile and work examples

I wish to learn more about copywriting and also earn online

And also, I need a mentor for this

please can you be my mentor and i will like to have your contact

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

please...........

Looking forward to hear from you.

c2af7dc4
Community Member

I'm new here on Upwok. 

I want to know how to get orders on Upwork.

Thank you!!!

bda478ff
Community Member

how do I REALLY START?

Hi Kindness,

Welcome to Upwork! We’re here to help you navigate the world of online work. Let’s start with the basics here at Upwork. Below there are a few Upwork Academy courses to help you get started:

Thank you,
Pradeep
Upwork
0fa4e3ef
Community Member
aaaef5ca
Community Member

Hi everyone, this is my first time here and I am already excited to be in this community. I look forward to interacting meaningfully to progress my career. 😊

54c9a609
Community Member

Hi, my name is Omer. I am from Turkey. I want to start but you know that the first step is the hardest one. I have a bit experience with Web development(JS, ReactJs, MeteorJs) and data science. Are there anyone who can help with my first job 🙂

b30a0a30
Community Member

Hey There,

I am a software engineer with a top skill set in UI/UX, database administration, and web design, situated in Lagos, Nigeria.

I hope to gain more insight into Internet of Things, by working with  several bright like minded individuals, I would like to birth a brain-storming idea myself.

#elonmusk, the whole idea of the metaverse is surreal and my biggest inspiration.

582c56a9
Community Member

Hi, my name is Stephanie. I'm new to the platform. I'm a Technical Writer with experience in a variety of industries. I enjoy working in software development, but I'm always open to new opportunities and challenges.

I have a diverse background and multiple degrees. I spent several years in the accounting field, I've trained adults and taught children, I was a nanny for a minute, and I'm a professional singer. It's important that I stay busy - boredom is bad. It just gets me in trouble. 

I tell you this because it explains why I landed here! I've spent the last 2 years looking for full-time work after being laid off from a job I'd given all my energy to (avg. 80 hr/wk for ~ the last 4 years of that gig). My work-life balance was whacked. I have kept busy freelancing and looking for full-time work, but it's not paying the bills. So I'm trying new things (I'm really not all that bright, so we'll see how this goes...)!

I wish everyone a prosperous 2023! 

Stephanie C.

Good morning Stephanie, if you have any specific questions, let us know how we can assist. Have a great day!

Good morning william these day is very special and you're seeing in my like

Hi stephanie this day is very special but i am ia very stressed😣

fe6cb9cb
Community Member

Hi everyone. You can call me Eya. I am a kind of person who is eager to learn new things, eventhough I dont have any experience but Im willing to learn new things. I hope you can help me with that. Now I am hoping to get a project soon so that I  can help you. Have a good

day everyone!

khalidhasan77
Community Member

Hi, i am khalid hasan 

Am a professional virtual assistant. Also i worked as a transelator. I will be very happy work worldwide platform if anyone need.

bfd0fba6
Community Member

Hello everyone, my name is Edozie Nwokoye from Nigeria and I'm new to Upwork. I am a graphic designer with expertise in brand identity design and print design. I know I'm going to be learning a lot from all of you about how Upwork works and I want to thank you all in advance for that. I look forward to giving my best here and making lots of money, and I can't wait to share this journey with this great community!

108d0617
Community Member

My background is diversified as a Founder of a TV & Radio Broadcasting network channel.

My certifications, and studies are:  

coachfountain.com

Life Purpose Coach Certification, Group Life Coaching Certification, Goal Setting to Success Life Coaching Certification, Health, and Nutrition Life Coach Certification,

Happiness Life Coach Certification, Law of Attraction Certification, Relationship Workshop Facilitator for Life Coaching Certification, Professional Life Coaching, Certified Master Life Coach.

Right now I'm currently working remotely from Georgia. My 1099 is with a company I'm the founder of in NYC known as SMART ELEVATIONS. I don't believe that there is a difference between Free Lancing and being Self Employed Small Minority Business Owner or working from the office or home. 

What do I want to learn from other members?

1. Don't Be Afraid of Looking Dumb. Or, in other words: Ask questions. ...
  2. Connect with Your Coworkers/Members. ‍ ...
  3. Be Open to Criticism. Learning isn't a linear path where everything is perfect and easy. ...
  4. Learn from Other's Mistakes. ...
  5. Embrace Different Points of View.

Learning from everyone around me from my teammate to my competitor to the random person I bumped into in the coffee shop, or at a local Bodega... is something I find increasingly valuable. 

I’m an entrepreneur with a media company and my company’s product is stories. Accordingly, I spend a lot of time sitting down, talking with people, and learning their stories. I’ve discovered that the way that I learn about the world is by listening to (or reading) how other people experience it.

I’ve learned how to be an entrepreneur through the stories of mentors’ successes and failures. I’ve learned how to run my company through conversations with small business owners about how they work and by listening to how a former boss learned how to be a good manager. And I learned how to be a teammate by reading about examples of successful teams. 

Inspirations: 

• learning new things
  • acquiring new skills
  • meeting deadlines, goals, and targets
  • coaching others
  • improving processes, finding ways to solve problems
  • leading a team or being a part of a team
  • completing a difficult project
  • overcoming challenges
  • coming up with creative ideas

D'AALIYAH

a6ffe88f
Community Member

Hello. I've been on the platform for a while but just saw the community recently. I'm in IT, and I'm a managed service provider from Virginia. I'm hoping to learn more specialized skills from other members on here. I'm inspired by technology and its never ending advancements.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths