🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » New here? Please introduce yourself!
Page options
AndreaG

New here? Please introduce yourself!

Hey all!

Welcome to the Upwork Community! Check out this list of Upwork Community offerings and explore how you can participate, attend events, learn best practices, and become even more successful with Upwork.

To kick start your community journey, we recommend introducing yourself to your fellow. Using the questions we’ve provided (or a style all your own), reply to this post and tell us a little about yourself!

1. What field do you work in, and where are you located?
  2. What are you hoping to learn from other members? 
  3. What (or who) inspires you?

~Andrea
Upwork
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,412 REPLIES 5,412
cd4dac11
Community Member

Hello my name is LaTasha Ann and I am new to this entire app and I am not really set on one occupation I am really just being free and open to anything. I mean to me alot is common since and besides If there is anything I wamt to do trust me I can do it!

becb276c
Community Member

Hi Everyone who read this, I'm Obaid.

1. I am a professional accountant more than 3 years of work experience in UK practise firm. Accounting & Finance graduate Plus ACCA finalist, based in Pakistan.

2. First thing to get work I think how to get hired as everyone new would want that. To learn more in my field doing new things.

3. Knowledge inspires me education about things. 

Hope its ok its my way.

Regards,

Obaid

b7913b4c
Community Member

Hi

My name is Esther from Nigeria, I am accountant by profession and a passionate graphics Designer.

I hope to help you brand your business with stunning designs.

Your passionate graphics Designer that gives the best for your business branding  

e778860e
Community Member

Hi everyone,im new to upwork.

April joy
81c67fec
Community Member

Hi everyone!

I am new to Upwork and figured I would introduce myself! My name is Dayna Nichols and I am a New Yorker living in Amsterdam. I work in the Marketing field and offer my expertise in Social media consulting, event planning, and community management.

I am new to Freelancing so I am looking forward to learning how to grow my skills and experienece here as well as make new connections. I am currently inspired by the group leaders around me. I am apart of a group called Omek in which all of the members inspire me to persue my career goals. Looking forward to getting started on here feel free to connect with me!

Hi Dayna! Welcome to upwork. I also work in marketing - mostly do strategy or operations consultancy. 

Community Member

Hi! I'm Carolina - I'm Portuguese but moved to the UK 9 years ago for university. I'm now, and have been for the past 2.6 years, travelling around Europe.

I'm a marketing strategist with over 6 years of experience working with start-ups, big brands and non-profit organisations. I have been working remotely for about 3 years, and I'm looking to start working freelance and selling my skills as a service to top up my income.

I'm looking to learn from other members here on Upwork and continue to develop other skills as I travel.

9099ea72
Community Member

My name is Saju.V.S.  I have experience in manual data transcription works (pdf to word/excel convertion, data sorting, data in pdf/word/excel to google sheets etc.

e1556235
Community Member

Hello! I'm Andrew.

Excited to be part of the Upwork Community! I specialize in mathematics and physics. I'm eager to connect with fellow members to deepen my knowledge in my field, particularly exploring new insights, techniques, and best practices. As for inspiration, I'm continually motivated by the pioneers and innovators in mathematics and physics whose groundbreaking work continues to shape our understanding of the universe. Looking forward to engaging with this vibrant community!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

81eb3375
Community Member

Hello there

I am Ghulam Husnain.

I am a professional Video Editior.

No,I am new on upwork.

690e737e
Community Member

I am Mekonen Tulu Hurisa, with a decade of experience in various roles within the banking industry, currently residing in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. My goal is to gain insights from fellow online business enthusiasts and enhance my skills by learning from diverse professionals. I draw inspiration from individuals who demonstrate hard work and empathy towards others.

bb5c4545
Community Member

Hey there, I'm Shameerah Williams, based in vibrant Las Vegas, Nevada. I'm on a journey to navigate the world of job hunting as a content creator. While I'm a beginner, I'd say I'm decently skilled and eager to learn and grow. My aim is to carve out a successful career in this field, and I'm seeking advice and insights from fellow creators on how to attract those crucial first clients.

When I'm deep in my creative zone, you'll often find me immersed in the soothing vibes of Lofi study and work music. Yet, inspiration for my work also springs from the experiences I encounter and the places I explore. I'm all about embracing new perspectives and finding inspiration in the everyday. Follow me on Instagram @miaprettypowerfulandpaid @Digital_diva

my logo below and I'll drop some of my mid-journey creations i really look forward to connecting with more likeminded individuals 

2639c035
Community Member

Hello,

I am Abeer Shaikh, a civil engineering student from Pakistan, with a strong interest and background in video editing and ecommerce. I started video editing 5 years ago, and over time, my passion for video editing has only touched the ceiling. I have managed social media pages for stores and student societies as a video editor, and I can boast that my work has always been praised. My expertise includes Adobe Premier pro and Capcut.

I translated my video editing skills into ecommerce and started learning amazon, dropshipping, and ebay. I liked the idea of ecommerce and I started viewing it as a gateway towards countless opportunities. Recently, I have completed some courses and stood out among my classmates. My expertise in ecommerce management in addition to video editing skills, is credible.

I am hoping to further my polish my skills via freelancing. I am optimistic that, it will set me up for better opportunities. I would highly appreciate the feedback on the media I have attached to this writeup.

Thank you!

6a6bcac6
Community Member

Hey there, nice meeting you all, I am Lou (Julia), a German living currently in Brasil! I am super excited about this journey, and would love to work only as a freelancer, full- time!

As a professional artist I had the great chance to grow in many senses, I am quite concentrated on Design, but my goal is working as an Art Director and Filmmaker. I studied with Klaus Vom Bruch and Julian Rosefeldt and am in the last year of my diploma, so I am running into the goal line 🙂

I would be super happy to get feedback concerning my profile, and any first job would fulfill me and keep me on track!! 

All the Best for everyone, and have a great weekend!

Lou

(Julia)

ba6f2d6e
Community Member

Hello! My name is Benedetta, I was born in Peru and lived there until I finished school in 1976; since then I have lived in New York from 1980 to 1989 when my husband and I moved to Italy. I have two children and one granchild. I currently live in a small village in the Veneto Region. My passion are Jack Russell Terriers which I have been breeding since 2003. I would like to find work in Translations as I have plenty of time on my hands.

1b766acc
Community Member

Hi I'm Amila. Currently I'm working in sports and leisure field only. I'm totally new here and looking for to learn something new and earn. Can anyone tell me that any source that where can I learn data entry things.  

ea80d445
Community Member

i am video editor and graphics designer

i located in pakistan

video compositing 

688d472c
Community Member

I am writing a letter for work at home jobs and skills for learning up in the keep working 

0b40ae12
Community Member

Hi, My name is Argizzele Tomenio but you can call me argi because some people who already know me they called me by my nickname and i am 22 years old and i am college undergraduate in 3rd year level and i was taking a Bachelor In Secondary Education and i have 4 months of experience on being a advisor I Customer Representative .

1. What field do you work in, and where are you located? i worked before as a call center agent and i am located in philippines
  2. What are you hoping to learn from other members?  i hope i can learned from them that something that i didn't know yet so we can get along
  3. What (or who) inspires you? my inspiration is my family and also my dream to be a virtual assistant or a freelancer.
b7c5547d
Community Member

I am a new data entry freelancer in this workplace. Please support me with good advice. 

The best advice is to click on the Academy tab at the top of the page and read every single word, slowly, in every single article.

929a02e3
Community Member

Hola buenas tardes mi nombre es Margarita, soy nueva aquí, trabajo en recuperación de carrera y aprobación de créditos, espero poder aprender de todos Uds, mi reto soy yo misma, saber que la edad es simplemente números pero la experiencia no se inprovisa, quiero superarme y salir adelante como asistente virtual, en ventas, atención al cliente lo que mis tutores me indique 

Corrijo recuperador de cartera, estoy para servirles y poder enriquecerme con sus conocimientos, un fuerte abrazo a todos

28eaaa47
Community Member

Hi, I'm Angelica! I'm new here and I would like to gain experience and knowledge through this platform to achieve visibility.

In what field do you work and where are you located?
My field of work is Data Entry, intermediate video editing, Microsoft 360, and some very basic data analysis software, converting files to other formats, and writing simple content.

2. What do you expect to learn from other members?

I hope that between all of us, we can help each other to generate more visibility and if it is possible to interact to give each other positive feedback and improve our profile.

3. What (or who) inspires you?

What inspires me to implement this work method is to be able to have my freedom and not to be fulfilling schedules, so I can share with the ones I love and dedicate time to myself and my dreams.

Right now I want to specialize in data analysis with POWER BI and I would like to acquire simple experiences with this skill to gain experience.

I hope I can count on you and get visibility and possibly a contract to start this new journey.

Best regards

Angelica

8b7d2119
Community Member

Hi! I'm illustrator and game artist in Sydney Australia,  I'm hoping to get more experience and also learn how others portray themselves in similar field. What inspired me to take on game artist roles are generally indie games that have popped off recently.

Community Member

Massimo Tavano (72) Retired, used to work in accounting office in Cuernavaca, Mexico; wishing to work-from-home, with LapTop, Celular and iPad; looking for areas with translations, answering surveys, watching videos; reading, speaking & writing: italian(of course),english and spanishmy wife MariaG is my inspiration, C.E.O. GPA_Accounting office with more than 100 peoples working_in.

7dab926a
Community Member

Hi! I'm Kenneth a graphic design expert and Civil Engineering student at the moment. Am from Nairobi, Kenya. 

I am passionate about  my graphic work and everyday I strive to get better than the day before.

I do posters, Business cards, logos, banners among the many works under graphic design.**Edited for community guidelines**

35fc6256
Community Member

Greetings,

I'm Abhishek, a versatile professional with expertise in graphic design, video editing, motion graphics, and social media management. Hailing from Guwahati, Assam, a vibrant city in the heart of India, I've nurtured my passion for design since my 10th grade. Seeking a career upgrade, I aspire to collaborate with diverse clients to further enhance my design skills and foster mutual growth.

Outside the design realm, my interests include video games, football, and a penchant for metal and punk music. Occasionally, you'll find me embarking on solo travels to the breathtaking landscapes of the Himalayas.

I invite you to explore my Upwork profile and share your valuable insights. Your feedback will be greatly appreciated as I continue to evolve and expand my professional horizons. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Best Regards, Abhishek😁

bcb51a08
Community Member

Hello. I am new here and i am interested in creative writing, science tutoring and a lot more in scinces . I am studying a medicine degree at eden university in lusaka Zambia. My motivation comes from different sources and mainly my life experiences motivate me most.

ce1694a1
Community Member

Hi!

I am Fully Expert in Data Entry
I can show you my previous works

Until you get fully satisfied with work

I'm New on Upwork but not for this job Trust me Sir/ Mam
Just give me one chance to show my talent

Thanks Waitinf For your Response...

7fdaf2ff
Community Member

Hi, I am Lydia, currently I am looking for a job opportunity. I have experience in banking industry and community development. I also take interest in Christian theology.

I am new here, and really hoping to learn from the team , possibly all that entails to freelance and of course online jobs platform.

I get inspired by Thembi 

9ae3f22b
Community Member

Greetings! I'm Sristi Das. I'm a seasoned content writer adept at crafting compulsory narratives and informative pieces across different subjects. My goal is to involve readers, built curiosity, and deliver content that leaves a lasting impression. Whether it's delving into complex topics or simplifying complicated concepts, I'm here to bring ideas to life through the power of words.

c32837fa
Community Member

Hi, I saw your suggestion and I am glad. that you exist. To help new freelancers like us.
I am a music sound design and video editor with 20 years of experience in a media agency. But I am new to Upwork.
If possible, please refer to my profile, I will be grateful

Here Is My Profile Link: 

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0105c5281cdff066d0

waqar uddin
716e2040
Community Member

Hello, my name is Mercy, I am new here, I work in health care system, am a good writer in health related topics, I have written some good topics on diabetes and hypertension. I am from Nigeria

I wish to learn new skills and tips on how to get jobs on Upwork since am new here. I wish I could be guarded on how things work here. 

I was motivated my severely testimonies I see people post on how they have learned and landed different job opportunities here. Am good at teaching people and am open to learn too. 

f78a63da
Community Member

Hello Dear Clients and Agencies,

I am new on Upwork but I have 5 years experience in translation. I can translate English to Spanish, french, hindi, Arabic, dutch and many other. Message me for custom order 

Hello ateeq its great to hear about your such huge experience in your feild. With such experience and command you can easily get the attention of the client on upwork. Don't ask for help here rether try and earn a job on upwork your self. 
my you get your first client soon. 

c3938665
Community Member

Hey, I'm Linden from Tanzania. I'm a graphic designer, I am looking for the jobs opportunities in the field. 

What inspires me is hitting targeted goals. Achieving our plans.

Here is my work example especially in Real Estate industry 

6158a225
Community Member

Hey I am Besufikad Girma working in Architecture field, I want to lern how to develop a proper profile, how i can get profile reviews and cover letter writing techniques or tips.

Thank you

dc307295
Community Member

Hi, hello. I am a newbie here. I want to find a job where I can use my knowledge as a Canva graphic designer. Thank you and hoping for any opportunity here.

I attached my resume here, thank you.

98fe2e5d
Community Member

Hi! I am Nikita from India. I cam to upwork to use my present skills and create a bundle of opportunities for me. I would love to connect with you and be part of upwork community. Thankyou!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths