🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » New here? Please introduce yourself!
Page options
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

New here? Please introduce yourself!

Hey all!

Welcome to the Upwork Community! Check out this list of Upwork Community offerings and explore how you can participate, attend events, learn best practices, and become even more successful with Upwork.

To kick start your community journey, we recommend introducing yourself to your fellow. Using the questions we’ve provided (or a style all your own), reply to this post and tell us a little about yourself!

1. What field do you work in, and where are you located?
  2. What are you hoping to learn from other members? 
  3. What (or who) inspires you?

~Andrea
Upwork
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,412 REPLIES 5,412
ea6387ae
Community Member

Hi Everyone!  I work in the Accounting/Finance area and I'm located in Los Angeles, CA.

I'm hoping to learn the strategy for successfully getting projects.

My Dad inspires me the most.  He turns 92 this year and he is still very active, still drives, and has all his faculties.

c0af7baa
Community Member

How are you, I am working on Accounting & Finance  more than 25 years, I available you for any work any time.

kaysarsd786
Community Member

Hi there, Upwork community.

With more than ten years of graphic and five years plus motion design experience, I am a senior motion designer. For the past seven-plus years, we have been heading a small but talented team at an animation studio, with a focus on 3D motion design, product visualization, and state-of-the-art motion graphics.

I'm starting a new chapter and reaching out to a wider audience on Upwork with my skills. Please feel free to share your advice and criticism as well if you can be kind enough to visit my profile too. 

Regards,

Sayed Kaysar

13369b1a
Community Member

Hi.. I'm Omary Chande from Tanzania, I am a brand and social media manager. I would love to connect with my fellow Tanzanians and all positive people around the world who we'll share different ideas. I am new here in Upwork and I would love to get assistance until I land my first client. If you would love to just check me

8d4d9087
Community Member

1. What field do you work in, and where are you located? I do a few different things. Mostly website testing, mystery shopping, editing, and reviews,
  2. What are you hoping to learn from other members? Tips to improve my business
  3. What (or who) inspires you? My 4 beautiful children.
cc18e5ba
Community Member

Hello,

My name is George Noble PhD Physics.  I am new to Upwork.  I am here to  offer my services for projects that need a custom ML and AI approach for Models in order increase the accuracy;  for projects that need specialized algoroithms for solving technical or software problems; and for projects that need scientific research or knowledge for bringing a project to its next level.

My profile shows my experience in the above.

20fd9b6c
Community Member

Hello Everyone, I just started my Upwork journey and I'm thrilled to be a part of this community.

I am a Data Science and Machine Learning Engineer from Pakistan, and I am almost done with my Computer Science bachelor's degree.

I just got my first client, and I'm excited to share that AH I successfully executed his NSGA2 Algorithm for multiobjective optimization. I aim to learn and grow in the field of AI and Machine Learning, as this field is not just a buzz word, instead, it's actually quite revolutionary.

I'm looking forward to connecting with more clients, so together we can achieve various accomplishments.

~ Ibrahim

251e2b18
Community Member

Hello Andrea!  I live in southern NH. I have been working for the same company for almost 16 years now. Its time for a change as my company looks like it will be closing at the end of the year.  My offical title is Office Manger/Executive Assistant.  I wear many hats, doing anything from admin duties & HR, calendar managment, travel arrangements/itineraries .  I am looking forward new experiences, job opportunities,  learning & growing with the Upwork community.  

Thank you,

Colline

I put over 35 years into the real world labor. This virtual place is very compeditive and takes a long time to build a clientel. So be patient!

49bee118
Community Member

Hello, my name is DawnO and I'm new to this remote industry of work. I can do typing, data entry, and customer service. 

I hope to learn from other members the ins & outs of remote work. I get inspired by the way I get the freedom of work hours and projects.  I am looking forward to new experiences, job opportunities,  learning & growing with the Upwork community.

7d7d4c17
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I am O'Licia, a communications and public relations professional located in Austin, TX. I'm excited to use this platform to scale my freelancing business, help amazing clients sincerely communicate with their target audience, and connect with other professionals in marketing and communications. Let's connect!

2dde0ad1
Community Member

Hello, my name is Dan. New here. I am looking for frelance and remote work opportunity however I've got a diverse background of professional expertise raninging from clinical research, financial advisor/planner to IT GRC, risk managment and compliance. I did not many of my work skills and experince and wondering wether this could limit my opportinities. Thank you. 

b44d4d0f
Community Member

hello Im new here. looking for a job please help me out 

READ all you can on the site for great tips on job finding. Be patient! It may take months to land your first gig.

It could also happen tomorrow!

641e63b0
Community Member

Hi! I am a writer. I enjoy writing because I can express my thoughts genuinely. It is , in fact, my comfort zone. I am located in the Philippines. 

I am hoping to learn more about writing and how does this platform works. My inspiration is my family. It's cliche, I know, but it really is my family. I am the eldest so I actually have a lot of responsibilities and that inspired me to work harder.

ac9bae09
Community Member

Hi,I m new here. I want to find job that include Assignment writing and research work. 

Would you like to help me in this

e35f3848
Community Member

"Hello, my name is Rizqi Utami, and I'm based in Indonesia. With a Master's degree in Management and ten years of professional experience, I currently serve as a Branch Coordination Representative for one of the largest financial advisory firms in the industry. My role involves spearheading social digital marketing initiatives, leading management teams, and providing top-tier virtual assistance to executive leadership. I am eager to bring my skills and expertise to Upwork and collaborate on projects where I can contribute value and drive success. Looking forward to becoming an integral part of this vibrant community!"

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Rizqi Utami
e22109bd
Community Member

my name is Benson from Kenya and am an expert of financial matters, i would like to be offer my expertise and earn on this platform, please share any helpful information

43e38d58
Community Member

Hello everyone.

My name is Esmenia Macome, 24y, from Mozambique.

I work with civil engineering, administration and online sales.

Hope to learn from you, about how to get works and succeed.

61053cfa
Community Member

Hi everyone,

Another newbie here, well I should say, new to offering my services online as opposed to through traditional recruitment agencies.

Okay, so with the answers to your questions Andrea;

Location is an easy one, I've been living in wnderful New Zealand for just over welve years now but I am originally from Nottingham in the UK. As to my field of work, I've done/tried pretty much everything over the years however I would say that my main experience would be in Software Testing, Training Provider (course creation and delivery), Graphic Design (comes in handy for course creation).

What am I hoping to learn from others in the community, well I suppose it would be the best way to navigate around Upwork, not so much the website/application but more the processes involved in applying/bidding for work as that side is very new to me.

Finally, who (what)  inspires me, that's an easy one my wonderful and beautiful Wife of twenty years. She has stood by me through all the up's and down's that life throws at you. She accepts (well she say's she does) lots of my starnge and sometimes wierd suggestion, usually in the job/business front, but also my crazy artwork ideas.

Well I think that about covers the questions, no doubt they'll be plenty of opportunites to give you guys more insights into who I am and what I do, outside of work, but I'll give you a little teaser. We run an animal sanctuary here in New Zealand and amoungst our rescued family members (as we call them) we have Eleven goats, Two pigs, Twenty chooks & Twenty cats.

Okay, I'll say Ta' ra for now, take it easy everyone.

Cheers

Paul

Pretty detailed Paul, Good Luck in the virtual workplace.

e3ec6a61
Community Member

Passionate about art, design,
photography, voice management,
writing, reading, theater. I am sociable
so I really enjoy working as a team. I
adapt to the time and space of the
responsibility I assume. I love working.

Passionate about art, design,
photography, voice management,
writing, reading, theater. I am sociable
so I really enjoy working as a team. I
adapt to the time and space of the
responsibility I assume. I love working.

59e73527
Community Member

Hie 

My name is Grace , and i am so excited to join upwork. I am an HR practitioner, with 3 years experience in recruitment and 10+ years of  Life Coaching and counselling .

I am hoping to learn how to build a solid freelancing business, and how i can do this with upwork.

My greatest inspiration is my brother. He is honest, dedicated and hard working. What ever he puts his mind to , he works hard, with dedication and honesty,  to see it through. I am inspired to see my journey with upwork to greater heights, with the help of the other members in my community.

Great ideals to  live by!

Good Luck

6dd5f246
Community Member

I am a seasoned PHP Laravel developer with specializing in eCommerce solutions and Real Estate ERP. I have successfully delivered large-scale web applications and powerful eCommerce platforms, earning the satisfaction of numerous clients. My expertise extends to providing valuable consultations for startups and incubations worldwide.

5a03f990
Community Member

Hi everyone, Gener Volante at your service, I am a experienced Sales agent more on Telemarketing BPO industry, feel free to visit my profile and give feedbacks with my profile view to give advice on what more do I need to change so my profile can look clean and professional, I am also new here.

Good day to everyone!

Nively done - Good luck

5810464a
Community Member

My name is Aki Ifeoma am a Nigerian and based in the Port Harcourt city of Nigeria.

I am an Environmental health officer and also a public Administrator.

I love to write, research, act and dance.

I am here to put in use my talents and potentials to help me free myself from financial instabilities.

Feel free to contact or refer me for opportunities.

I am open to learning, corrections and advancing.

Hope I am welcome......

Much Love 🥰

71e59584
Community Member

Hi I'm Nik, and I am from the beautiful state of Montana! I am studying to become a copywriter, and have finished a course with AWAI on writing email copy. 

I am hoping to learn more about attracting and interacting with clients. While the AWAI courses have done well with training us to write, and even going over our examples, I feel that this is something that was lacking and I could use help with.

Seeing the success of other AWAI students inspires me, but deep down its looking at where I am currently in life that inspires and motivates me to be be and do better.

Wow, What a wonderful place to live.

I bet i could also hire you for some fantastic nature footage for a video project too!

Good Luck

63ada4d1
Community Member

Hi, I'm Faith 

I'm new here and I need help with getting jobs. I am good at proof reading, copy typing and editing, audio editing, voice over, content writing.

I would appreciate all the help I can get from this community.

Thank you!

257a3db9
Community Member

Hi,I'm Lucy,from Kenya, I have specialized in data entries,data processing, proofreading, editing and all the document formatting features.I also have a lot of experience in Microsoft Excel and database.I'm still eager to learn more on this field from my fellow freelancers.

So far I've sent a lot of proposals but they're declined. I haven't found any job so far. I would like someone to connect me with a client so that I can deliver my services and start enjoying from my services.Thank you.

d89a1e4d
Community Member

Hey All

My name is Sai

I am data entry operator

Please help me upwork job

3852bdb1
Community Member

Hello I'm here to seek for greener pastur

4d86a94d
Community Member

Hi there! I'm Daniele

Currently working as a V.A, it's my first freelance gig here on Upwork, and super excited to learn lots of different things.

119aecf9
Community Member

My name is Mohammed, from Ethiopia. I want to work on jobs like data entry, copy and pasting, document editing, translating any language by Google translator, photo background changing.

I wanna to learn from other community members as how they respect their jobs and clients by finishing their duties on time, different cultures, the way they growth their income, the quality of their work, good relationship with both client and community members.

The way this platform provide job and benefits those engaged in the work was inspired me more to research the job and work.

4487834f
Community Member

Hello! I'm totally new to this and I am looking for a position with Customer Service background. I have been in management for some time as well.

Making sure people have good experiences is some what motivational to me. 

26f543ba
Community Member

Hi! I'm Michie and I just joined Upwork. I am currently a stay-at-home-mom and am looking for part-time work to help sustain our family (currently with 2 kids). I am looking for data entry, transcription or administrative jobs that I can do in my own time. I'm based in Manila, Philippines.

I hope I can learn best practices from other members so I can slowly but surely build my own portfolio of clients.

I am greatly inspired by my husband who has such great work ethic and is really dedicated to doing the best in his job.

I look forward to learning so much from this community!

6884c057
Community Member

Hello, I'm Julie. I'm from the Philippines. I'm into ghostwriting, and I hope to find jobs related to my passion.

I want to learn how to improve my profile and how to find clients, too. A friend of mine introduced me to Upwork, so I tried it, hoping to have a side hustle.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths