🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » New here? Please introduce yourself!
Page options
AndreaG

New here? Please introduce yourself!

Hey all!

Welcome to the Upwork Community! Check out this list of Upwork Community offerings and explore how you can participate, attend events, learn best practices, and become even more successful with Upwork.

To kick start your community journey, we recommend introducing yourself to your fellow. Using the questions we’ve provided (or a style all your own), reply to this post and tell us a little about yourself!

1. What field do you work in, and where are you located?
  2. What are you hoping to learn from other members? 
  3. What (or who) inspires you?

~Andrea
Upwork
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,412 REPLIES 5,412
51afbbde
Community Member

Hi Andrea g i am new 

here and find job would u like to help me out 

alaminweb66
Community Member

Hi i am Alamin i am a web designer and developer. i want web based job .

c5cd19bd
Community Member

Hello everyone, my name is Mike and I'm a new graphic designer on Upwork. I understand that it can be difficult to get your first job on this platform, but I'm committed to building my presence here and making a great impression. I know that getting just one gig on Upwork can open up new opportunities and help me grow my business. I'm looking forward to connecting with clients who are seeking a talented and dedicated designer like myself

f0a6288c
Community Member

Hi ! I'm Rafiqul Hossain. I want to learn freelancing. I'm from Bangladesh. Professionally I'm a Graphics Designer under a Garments Industry in Chittagong (Bangladesh). I have working experience in A'tex software, Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator. I want to develop my skill, career & knowledge by working here. Please help & support me!

6d6d8f31
Community Member

Hello,

I am Uche, I'm into data analysis and visualization. I breathe and eat data. LOL. I am happy to join this community as it has a lot that I can benefit from, and hopefully, the community equally benefit  from me, heProfit Analysis Cover.png

61d8afdd
Community Member

Hi, I'm ana, Nice to meet you all 

sheikhwasim01
Community Member

Hi I am a new on upwork. I want to find a job. Thank you and hoping for any opportunity here.

74c489e0
Community Member

1, I work in the field of email copywriting and proofreading.

2. How to write proposals that will land me a high paying client. 

3. My mum

2f71ae07
Community Member

Hy this is Mable am new here hope to learn more. Please tell me how to get jobs I don't know how.

0eb971c9
Community Member

Hello, my name's Alex and it is a pleasure to explore the potential of the Upwork platform and being together with its community. 
1. I am currently living in Poland and searching for myself in Digital Marketing. Particularly being interested in setting up Advertisement campaigns on Google and Meta.
2. Reviewing other profiles and actual offers for my job on the platform,  I hope to obtain knowledge of how to build an attractive portfolio and make a nice presentation of myself to future clients.
3. Big agencies and international companies with their approach to graphic design and marketing inspire me the most!

I would appreciate it if you give me a hint of where to start on this platform.
Have a pleasant day!

Hi ALEX

I hope this email finds you well. I wanted to personally reach out and
express my gratitude for your kind words. It's always a pleasure to work
with clients like you who appreciate and value our services.

At UPWORK , we take great pride in delivering professional and top-notch
solutions to our clients. Your positive feedback not only motivates us but
also reinforces our commitment to providing exceptional service.

If you have any questions, need further assistance, or would like to
discuss any upcoming projects, please feel free to reach out. We are always
here to help!

Thank you once again for your continued support and trust in our services.
We look forward to working with you on future endeavors.

Wishing you a wonderful day ahead!

Best regards,
mashhood

Hello Alex: In the Upwork Academy, you will learn very fast how to navigate the platform, visit New to Upwork: Getting Started; Finding Work (surely these topics are on the right side of this page). This will help you a lot, even if you have already completed your profile, you can edit it to improve it. Greetings.

be048b01
Community Member

1. Construction supervisor( consultant) & Banquet of International hotels, Ethiopian.

2. New Ideas because I am actively participants to know new knowledge, Experience and techniques 

3. My self inspired me for success.

Hm wow
c4ecad68
Community Member

Am Stella, am a graphics designer. Located in Lagos Nigeria.

I hope to gain more creative ideas   

I am inspired by TA DIGITAL CONCEPT 

fac63b6d
Community Member

Hi All,

I am Arun from India - new to freelancing and joined Upwork recently. I have a overall 17+ years of experience out of which 7+ years in to Project management, people management, business proposals, powerpoint, excel, etc.

This is a transition period for me i.e., from a regular job to a freelancer. I am excited to learn new things and need all of your support. Let's be in touch.

Regards,
Arun Senapathy

aa8118e4
Community Member

Hi, good day I'am Denver Cutamora Danao

- I do video editing and  still learning in accounting field
    - I hoping that all members here are helpful and as a new member here, I also hoping that they can teach me to know more about upwork
    -who inspres me is my friends who are already here and some are freelancers
a08ce687
Community Member

Am Lydia from uganda, am real happy to have joined this platform.

Am looking for job opportunities that I can do to earn a living and attain new skills. I have experience in data entry jobs. Hoping to learn more from this platform

Thanks

Lydia Uganda

Community Member

Hi everyone. I'm Diogo and join upwork a couple of months, but now I'm presenting.

My experience is something... I sarted in AudioVisual, but nowadays I am too familiar of Wordpress and Digital Marketing (SEO and Email).

I'm a worker.

I'm looking for projects that can achive my goals. 

1379752f
Community Member

Hi, my name is Michal, but my friends call me Szczepan 🙂 
I am guitarist and music producer from Warsaw, Poland. I love music, i love playing on guitar and everything that is related with making music and songs. I was a semi-professional musician, but this year i decide to go for my dreams and be a full-time musician and music producer. 
i love working with people, every time you can creat something unique depends on people, situation or place. I am hoping to upgrade my skills, learn from others workflows and improve my own. But the most important thing for me - i would like to know how to be more visible in network. 
I am inspired by every human being who can combine passion and hobby with work

da5f7eb9
Community Member

My name is Abdullah Syed, and I'm based in the vibrant city of Atlanta, Georgia, USA. It's a pleasure to be a part of this community of talented individuals:

• I work in the field of social media marketing, and I am located in [Your Location]. As a Meta certified Social Media Marketer, I'm passionate about staying up-to-date with the latest trends and strategies in the ever-evolving world of social media.

• I hope to learn from other members by exchanging insights and experiences related to social media marketing. It's a field that constantly changes, so I believe there's always something new to discover and apply to my work.

• I find inspiration in successful digital marketing professionals and entrepreneurs who have used social media as a powerful tool to connect with their audience and achieve their goals. Additionally, the creativity and innovation that I see in various social media campaigns and content inspire me to continually push the boundaries of what's possible in this field.

Thanks
    A. Syed

94c7ed4f
Community Member

Hey all,

It's my immense pleasure and privilege to join a forum where I can associate myself with learned people.I am Dr.s.vijayakumar .MD., DA.consultant anesthesiologist.I  worked at Madurai Medical College as an assistant professor. . involved in teaching and guiding the medical anesthesia post graduate students.Teaching and guiding the post graduates was my passion.Then i went to Saudi Arabia MOH .worked i Prince Sultan Hospital .Mullaijak.Al Nariyah.in anesthesia departmentfor about 14 years.Now retired and returned back to India at my age of 64.As I am very much interested intested in writing medical articles for young doctors ,common man as well as for some pharma compaies i decided to keep writing. 

47693c9e
Community Member

Hello! I'm Amina Azhar, a passionate freelance writer specializing in content marketing with a Master's degree in Linguistics. With over 5 years of experience working directly with clients from diverse industries such as technology, healthcare, and finance, I've honed my skills in crafting compelling and data-driven content that drives engagement and achieves results. My unique approach involves a deep understanding of your goals and target audience, ensuring that every piece I create communicates effectively and resonates with your readers. I'm excited to bring my expertise to Upwork and collaborate with you to create exceptional content. Let's start your project today!

bf181585
Community Member

Hi! I am Nahida Islam. I am a Digital Marketer. I do live in Bangladesh currently.

I'm hoping to learn to be successful in my career and I'd love to hear from others how to attract first clients. 

My Mothers's face inspires me while I am working, I want to do something for her by working on this side.

I am working as a digital marketer but I can do also web development and logo design.

f2f65521
Community Member

Hi, My name is Venkata Rama lakshmi Pulicharla. I've been working as a data analyst for the past four years, and I'm looking forward to connecting with other professionals in my field and learning more about best practices and industry trends.

In my current role, I specialize in Data Visualization • Microsoft Power BI • Microsoft Excel • Exploratory Data Analysis • MySQL, and I've had the opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects, including 

I've had the opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects, including some focused on healthcare and mortgage loans.

One of my recent projects involved analyzing healthcare data to identify trends in patient outcomes and treatment effectiveness. I worked closely with a team of healthcare professionals to gather and analyze data from a variety of sources, including electronic health records and patient surveys. We used SAS to clean and process the data, and then developed a series of visualizations and reports to help our clients better understand the data and make informed decisions about patient care.

Another project I worked on involved analyzing mortgage loan data to identify patterns and trends in borrower behavior. We used SAS to process and analyze the data, and then developed a series of predictive models to help our clients better understand borrower risk and make more informed lending decisions.

These projects were both challenging and rewarding, and I'm proud to have been part of the teams that delivered them. I'm excited to be joining the Upwork Community and look forward to connecting with other professionals in the field!

. Outside of work, I enjoy  Singing ,dancing,& painting . I'm always looking for new ways to challenge myself and learn new things.

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you and contributing to this vibrant community!

As a data analyst, I'm always looking for new ways to improve my skills and stay up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in the field. I'm hoping to learn from other members of the Upwork Community by participating in discussions, attending events, and sharing my own experiences and insights.

In particular, I'm interested in learning more about how other data analysts are using SAS to solve complex business problems and drive better decision-making. I'm also interested in exploring new tools and techniques for data visualization and analysis, and would love to hear about any tips or tricks that others have found useful.

Outside of work, I'm inspired by [who/what inspires you]. I believe that [briefly explain your beliefs], and I try to apply these principles to everything I do, both personally and professionally.

I'm looking forward to connecting with all of you and learning more about what makes this community so vibrant and engaging!

99a93635
Community Member

Hi! I am Juan Manuel, from Colombia! I am very glad to be part of this community! I have over 13 years of experience working in marketing & communications, and I really hope to keep on giving my best knowledge for my clients to succeed! See you here!

a1541ace
Community Member

I'm Nick (Nhut) from Vietnam. 
I work with Ruby, Elixir and React.
I love to learn from excellent developers.
I want to learn many programming languages, such as Python...

724c171f
Community Member

Hi, I'm Areej, i am new here and have a unique combination of Web & Social Media Content Management, compelling content writer and data entry skills but still finding projects to work on. i had couple of conversations with clients and they always talk about telegram or alot of projects have unverified payment methods. Any tips for writing proposal and to get a chance to work here.

452b146b
Community Member

Hi! Glecyrille here, i work  in the field of Education especially Technical Vocational Institure (TVI), helping the out of school youth, and deserving individual. We are located at Sorsogon City in Bicol Region.

Im hoping to Learn different perspectives in work related, and thier craft and hoping it can help my personal growth and somehow help my financial issues and motivates me to become the better version of myself.

what inspires me, is my dedication to beome successful and to Learn more.

mhamid09
Community Member

Hello Everyone 

I'm Mohammed Hamid, from Sudan I'm not new to Upwork but I stopped for a while. Now I came back to follow my passion and complete what I should do long time ago. My work field is Translation and subtitling English <>Arabic, along with transcription, transcreation, MTPE. It's not the first time to be in this business I have done many projects for clients from other platforms,but I do think that Upwork is now the best platforms for any freelancer. Also due to the ongoing fighting in Sudan it's very hard to have any job or find work in the country so freelancing is best choice to do works and help myself and my family financially. Happy to be a part of Upwork and hope to be a valuable members and help Upwork to be more recognizable in Sudan. 

msenaengin
Community Member

Hello everyone,

My name is Sena, I'm an industrial designer who worked for various of companies and help them design innovative and award winning products. In my 6 years of experience in the field, I learned to use necessary tools proffesionally and have experience on working with manufacturersand engineers to create ready to manufacture products.

Recently I decided to start my own agency and try to fly solo.  I'm hoping to learn to be successful as a freelancer and I'd love to hear small tips from you guys about how to attract first clients. 

Really excited become a member of this community!

Cheers:)

nikkigopaldas
Community Member

Hello, I am Nikki from the Philippines. I work in an international school. I hope to learn new skills and become more financially secure. I feel there are so many new ideas and experiences to explore and I intend to take advantage of the resources I have available for myself at the moment. I am inspired by the fact that there is much more to life than an 8-5 job and that I need to get out and see the world while I am still physically healthy and strong. 

d31b00e3
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

This is Jawed from Pakistan.

I completed 20+ years in the field of IT and now enjoying my retirement.

I am looking for any project based on Excel, Powerpoint or Logo creation.

I am beginner in Freelance world and need to understand the norms.

My Inspiration is my work and myself. I love to work and take my project as a challenge.

Regards,

a9248055
Community Member

I'm Ahmed Ismael, studied project planning and management. Located in Uganda. Hoping to learn how to be successful in my field

5a3191f3
Community Member

👋Hello Andrea and fellow Upwork Community members!

I'm excited to be here and embark on this journey with all of you. I'm new to Upwork and eager to expand my professional network within this vibrant community. Here's a bit about me:

• I specialize in Front-End Development, with expertise in Angular, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and TypeScript.
    • Currently, I am located in India.

• I'm looking to expand my professional network within the Upwork community.
    • I'm keen to learn best practices for client communication, project management, and building a successful freelancing career on Upwork.
    • I'm interested in hearing about the experiences and insights of fellow freelancers.

• I find constant inspiration in the dynamic world of front-end development. The ever-evolving technologies and creative possibilities in this field fuel my passion.
    • I'm also inspired by the success stories of freelancers who have built thriving careers through dedication and hard work.
~ Rahul Kalsha

Hello, my fellow community member, welcome to Upwork. 

2cdbe63c
Community Member

Hii,am glad to join this interesting and open opportunities for all people around the world.  i graduated in social worker and social pyschology field in ethiopia. i hope i will learn different soft skill and knowledge from this community group. thank you! 

2f79c9c8
Community Member

Hey it's me Yapa I'm the begginer just now Iadd myself

5ee29838
Community Member

Assalamoalikum everyone

I'm Hina fiaz from Pakistan and I'm new here. I want job like tutor ,data entry assignment work, help in high projects and give best ideas and advise .I do my work by heart and with :hundred_points: attention.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hina,

Welcome  and all the best.

Regards

PerveZ

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths