🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » New here? Please introduce yourself!
Page options
AndreaG

New here? Please introduce yourself!

Hey all!

Welcome to the Upwork Community! Check out this list of Upwork Community offerings and explore how you can participate, attend events, learn best practices, and become even more successful with Upwork.

To kick start your community journey, we recommend introducing yourself to your fellow. Using the questions we’ve provided (or a style all your own), reply to this post and tell us a little about yourself!

1. What field do you work in, and where are you located?
  2. What are you hoping to learn from other members? 
  3. What (or who) inspires you?

~Andrea
Upwork
4,763 REPLIES 4,763
carreonkim
Community Member

Hi, wazaap all! I'm Kim. I'm a graphic designer/illustrator from Cebu, Ph. I've been a freelancer since 2017, working for various types of graphic design services, I also do illustrations and art commissions. I have made a couple of illustrations for children's books, and I'd like to say I enjoy doing these a lot. I'm new here in upwork and my goal in creating this account is to focus mainly on illustration works, art, comics, story books, etc. 

What I'm hoping to learn from other members is the business side of things. I'm very confident in my work, I have the skills acquired over the years of enjoying and learning to draw art, however, selling the art is another thing that needs to be learned. 

My inspirations are comic book arts (specifically marvel), classic illustrations by illustrators(J.C. Leyendecker, Norman Rockwell) 

*attached is my recent illustration of my workspace; my mini studio corner focused in the creation of anything art related adventures.

de174f5a
Community Member

Hi Everyone,

Glad to be part of the family. Looking forward to sharing experiences on development, humanitarian, research and bisiness management. Excited and ready to take up different roles.

Marcelina

8f3781ee
Community Member

hey, Iam dr sehat kanwal. I am an experienced content writer, and I have also written many research papers. I am an expert healthcare

writer and blogger. recently joined Upwork to explore online jobs and show my skills to Upwork clients and I am sure I will satisfy my clients with my work and dedication to assist them to achieve their goals.

2f47c714
Community Member

Hello everyone, am Grace a beginner freelancer. I've been on upwork for a year now but haven't gotten any job opportunities yet. I am a fashion designer, data entry expert, content creator, stylist, copywriter, organic skincare product formulator, etc.. and looking forward to partnering with any experienced freelancers in my field. Am base in Africa, Lagos Nigeria. 
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

hani1995hs
Community Member

Hello Freelancers,

I hope you all are doing well. I am new here in upwork, I am looking forward to gain good amount of knowledge and tricks to get more orders on upwork. What are the pre-requisites to complete to get a Rising talent badge and getting frequent orders. 

Thanks in advance.

Abdul Hai

0b031177
Community Member

Hey i am tanveel i am quite good in creative writing i can write essays and stories scripta for youtube and etch

9a8907bb
Community Member

Hi 

I took Medical & Legal Office Administration at St. Lawrence College in 2010. I also have some work experience in an office. 

I also have waitressed and worked in a store so I have a lot of sales and customer service experience.

I am hoping to learn how to become a more efficient office person and I'd like to have more experience under my belt.

People who inspire me are my mom because she is amazing at what she does. I also look up to people who know there jobs inside and out and always want to be like them unstoppable and hardworker who doesn't quit til the job is done.

- Stacey

Community Member

Hi Andrea

I'm Lucienne, I'm new here and I am looking for some copy typing/transcribing and audio typing work.  This all looks scary to me, so please may I have a little encouragement and guidance please?

be36a7b4
Community Member

**Title: Content Writing Services for Upwork Clients**

**Executive Summary:**
Offering comprehensive content writing services tailored for Upwork clients, our proposal aims to provide high-quality, engaging, and SEO-optimized content to boost your online presence.

**Introduction:**
In a digital era, compelling content is crucial. We understand the unique demands of Upwork clients and propose to deliver content that not only meets but exceeds expectations.

**Objectives:**
1. Produce well-researched and original content.
2. Meet project deadlines consistently.
3. Enhance clients' online visibility through SEO strategies.

**Methods:**
Utilizing a collaborative approach, we will:
1. Conduct thorough research on client industries.
2. Create custom content based on client requirements.
3. Optimize content for search engines to improve visibility.

**Timeline:**
A flexible timeline will be tailored to each project, ensuring timely delivery without compromising quality.

**Budget:**
Our competitive pricing structure reflects the value we place on delivering top-notch content. Rates will be determined based on project complexity and word count.

**Evaluation:**
Regular client feedback and performance metrics will be used to assess the effectiveness of our content, allowing for continuous improvement.

**Conclusion:**
By choosing our content writing services, Upwork clients can expect a seamless collaboration resulting in impactful and engaging content that resonates with their target audience.

**Appendix:**
Samples of previous work, client testimonials, and a detailed breakdown of our pricing model.

**Review and Revise:**
We are open to feedback and committed to refining our approach based on client preferences, ensuring satisfaction and success in every project.

9cce6504
Community Member

My deepest Appreciation 

I am so glad to introduce myself as a new freelancer . 

Author and Researcher in Microbiology and archaeology besides my main

specialty as a medical laboratory scientist, I have many publications, most of which are on my small website and many different journals.

Also, I am a data analyst and statistician, an expert in using Excel, SQL, .....

my website address ;

drkhaledhussain.mystrikingly.com

9cce6504_0-1701627402021.png

3b6d63a5
Community Member

Can someone please tell me how to disclose my profile?

Yuki
87d585fa
Community Member

Hi! i'm Farid. I'm a content moderator at Indrive, i'm new to Upwork and i would love to experience my first job. 

Please do contact me if there's any chance, i'm a quick learner, i have an eye for details, and love everything tech.

Thank you

e7ea7975
Community Member

Hello everyone, I'm Cintia, a current health care worker, seeking for a career change with a very basic experience in clerk jobs, looking to join a team for a fair rate , in order to acquire experience and exchange knowledge! If anyone is interested in a hard working, diligent and responsible person , please contact me! Thank you! 

fe4212a9
Community Member

Hi! Myself Manasvi. I am originally from India. Currently studying Master in International Business at London. I am good in Data work, Content writer, Graphic design like making logo,  I would like to leran about graphic design in wider aspect. Colours and design inspire me more.

545c7b74
Community Member

Hello Friends I Am From Pakistan But for As Job Purpose I am In Saudi Arabia looking for A Job at Upwork If Any body Need Any type of Support Here from Saudi Arabia Riyadh Let inform  me when you Can I am Searching for a Job As English to Urdu Translation Are any type of Job Like As English to Arabic Translation and Also Photo Grapher Let inform 

Regards 

Muhi ud Din 

10a78f21
Community Member

Hello i'm Full stack softare engineering student with ALX SE school , i'm in my last 2months in the program and i'm here to learn and practice what i know to do , so any one need biginner python please contact me😁

45c22e31
Community Member

Hello, My name is Christine R and I am looking for a Remote customer service position.

I have worked In Collections Inbound and Outbound First and Second Stage , I have also worked in call centres for various providers and as a Market Research Interviewer.

I am located in Barrie Ontario Canada.

I am looking to see if there is perhaps feedback and Tips to ensure my Journey as a Customer Service Support Professional exceeds expectations and how to get more  knowledge and tips to support various Companies.

I am always inspired by new technologies and new ways to build rapport with different kinds of customer situations or issues.

I am inspired by all people of all ages and cultures to learn about everyone's interests and points of view.

d21ed4e5
Community Member

Hi my name is muskaan baid I am a student from humanities background . I am here to search a typing job in Hindi and English both. I am fresher in this field.But I will try my best to make sure you that I can be eligible for this work space.

9026cc3d
Community Member

Hello

I am Ephrem, a current PhD candidate. I am based in Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia. I engaged in research-related activities. I have good skills in software like STATA, SPSS, RevMan, CsPRO, Kobo, NVivo, Endnote, Covidence, etc. I am also interested in systematic reviews and meta-analyses. I am a self-inspired, energetic guy!

Good day!

a1af389b
Community Member

• Hello my name is Jade. I'm located in Ohio. I'm an artist who mainly specializes in drawing and painting but I'm always looking to learn new mediums. I hope that I'm able to learn how to navigate the freelance space as I'm brand new to this. I wpuld love to learn tips on how to communicate with clients and time management (something I struggle with). It's hard to say what specifically inspires me because I find inspiration in almost everything, but I do admire the work of Junji Ito and his work greatly influences me.
e1374950
Community Member

Hi, my name is Olumide, married and a Nigerian. I'm a content writer and also do graphic design. I'm here to learn, unlearn and relearn to be better with my skills. I'm teachable and love constructive corrections. Cool music inspires me a lot and I have a spouse who is always my inspiration for most of my tasks.

0fa0b78e
Community Member

Hi, I am new here on Upwork as a freelancer so i dont know how to do work on it. But i wanna tell you that i have more than four years of experience in oil and gas. My skills are:

- Piping and General Layouts.

- Piping section and Detail drawings.

- Piping isometric drawing.

- Piping and Instrumentation Drawing.

- Process Flow Drawing.

- Block Flow Drawing.

- Making Bill of Quantity and Material.

- Inspectional Drawings of Piping isometric, Tank and Vessel.

84fad7d9
Community Member

Hi! I am Gabriela from Argentina, I´m knew on this. I would like to work remote as an administrative assistant or Spanish teacher. Thank you so much for this opportunity.

6e08e8b2
Community Member

Hey everyone!

Excited to be part of the Upwork Community! :rocket: I'm a game artist and 3D/2D generalist with over 5 years of experience in the mobile game industry, hailing from Lahore, Pakistan. In addition to my work in games, I've dabbled in video animation for products.

I'm here to soak in wisdom from fellow members, especially on scoring that elusive first client and navigating the freelance landscape without falling prey to scams. Any insights and tips on these would be greatly appreciated!

Big shoutout to my inspirations: Benny Production, Blender Guru, and Dani Game Dev. Their work motivates me to keep pushing creative boundaries.

Looking forward to connecting with this vibrant community! :video_game::sparkles:

20dd92b7
Community Member

Hi, I'm Robert. I have 25 years experience working in I&IT. For the last 15 years I have worked in a hybrid role as a certified Project Manager and Business Analyst planning, executing & closing projects and analysis business needs, processes & solutions. 

I am hoping Upwork will allow me to put some of my experience to work but also expand on some of my other skills in RPA, AI, Data Analysis and Science.

rightreach986
Community Member

Hello,

I'm new to Upwork and seeking assistance in finding a suitable job. My expertise lies in copywriting, with a specialization in SEO - encompassing both on-site and off-site SEO strategies. I have a knack for crafting persuasive newsletters and possess some knowledge about CHAT GPT. While I have a strong preference for long-term collaborations, I am also open to engaging in shorter-term projects.

Thank you for your help in advance. 

Best regards,
Maja

9d9304cd
Community Member

buenas tardes mi nombre es Juan Galica soy de Mexico y les dire que eh trabajado como chofer de ambulanvia durante 25 años y tambien eh trabajado como investigador de creditos durante 10 años mi educacion es basica no tengo estudios superiores y por ello es que estoy aqui para aprender como puedo conseguir un trabajo por esdte medio

147c6f3c
Community Member

8910a5b0
Community Member

Hi there!

I am new here. I'm excited about this new avenue for my new job search. I have been an Admin assistant for over 10+ yrs now, as well as a bookkeeper, HR, AP, AR, and along with payroll. 

I'm also a Notary Public for the State of California in the city of San Diego. 

Hope we can all help each other to seek work! 

L~

2f6da930
Community Member

HI there, My name is Levina, I work in the design field, based in Indonesia, and I love being a remote freelancer. I hope to learn how to increase engagement, reach more clients, and earn some money to living. Looking back, there was a time when a man taught me how to draw and color pictures. Yes, that was my teacher when I was five.

df014054
Community Member

Hello zakia, my name is Abduljelil a Graphics designer and animator from Nigeria am new here looking for job 

8c1aaf94
Community Member

I am a newbie here, i hope i can be welcome in this platform...It's just that i have the love to write...✍️ 

Jheinena

Welcome Jheinene
Hope you will get projects from this platform.

bushra_mahmud
Community Member

I am Bushra Mahmud with an experienced Software Quality Assurance Consultant with an established record of working in the information technology and benevolences industry. Skilled and experienced in Microsoft Word, Teamwork, Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Google Adwords with Analytics. Strong caliber sureness professional with a Master's Degree focused in Economics from National University. I have already completed my Freedom Fellowship Program from Friedrich Naumann Foundation For Freedom. I have attended various volunteers and internship programs from home and abroad. I have adequate knowledge about graphics. I also attended various kinds of seminars and conferences from home and abroad like International Model United Nations, United People Global, etc. I have completed some important courses from Coursera, Future Learn, Forage, etc. 

I am an excellent communicator. I pride myself on making assured people have the accurate information because it drives better aftereffects. Most business aftereffects stem from poor dispatch, so I perceive a responsibility to keep everyone on the coequal page. These skills helped increase my personal client retention rate by more than 40 percent in an era and abetted the team redeem 100 percent of our projects by the original deadline. 

03ee16b9
Community Member

Hi! I'm Elizabeth. I'm learning Transcribing . I am currently living in Uganda , Africa

I'm hoping to learn to be successful in my career and I'd love to hear from others how to attract first clients. 

I love to read novels, from fantasy to historial as well as autobiographies  .I love making powerpoints. It's so much fun. I have been really into art ever since I was in my senior year of high school. I find inspiration in the novels I read and fashion in the sense of art . I  spend most of my time on my laptop and the current book that I am reading is from an  online reading platform  and my favourite book of all time is a comic book called Dork diaries which loved reading as a preteen. 

I'm currently studying BBA in Uganda Christian University,

b9c7593a
Community Member

I am new to Upwork and trying to get a  job

50511b71
Community Member

Hi my self Ramkumar,actually i have completed my software testing course in Bnaglore India,Iam willing to work as Software tester (ManualTesting,Automatio testing).

d8f83310
Community Member

Hi. I am Hina. My profession is teaching.i have done M.A urdu.i want to work online.

bassoon33
Community Member

Greetings! I'm Annie and I'm based in Toronto. I'm here to grow my business and I'm inspired by music, books, and theatre. 

aallsbury
Community Member

I'm Ashley. I live in Oklahoma. I'm an editor/ghostwriter. I've helped 15-20 writers go from rough transcripts to published books. I'm seeking advice on writing the best proposals to get good-paying jobs. My dad inspires me. He has started several businesses and has helped dozens of people go from an idea to a book on Amazon for sale. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths