🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » New here and feel kind of empty
Page options
mark_kollar
Community Member

New here and feel kind of empty

I am new here. Alive about 2 weeks. Posted couple of proposals. Got the Rising Talent badge. But. I feel somehow empty here. No answers, no interaction. It is not very warm welcome. I am doing my job for about 20 years. And i got everytime some answer, or bump. Here? You do not really know, what is the whole site up to. No direction to go. No hints. Just wait and post another proposal. I miss here some touch. Something, that that tells me that i am doing something wrong or right. I miss a motivation. Why should i care? If nobody cares about me? I could write the best of the best proposal. But i do not know in any way, if it was good or bad. I do not know anything. I do not know, if i should stay, or just let it go. This is not some kind of depression. Just time wasting. First days are crucial. The product has to show you the bright side right? Why should i buy this product? I do not have any motivation to stay. Many creative and valuable people left this way. Not only contactors are valuable. BOTH sides are valuable. Freelancers too. Without them, there would not be any Upwork.

2 REPLIES 2
JoanneP

Hi Mark,

I understand that it can be disappointing when you don't hear back from clients after you submit your proposals. It may take a while to win a job, especially in competitive categories, and submitting proposals doesn't always guarantee that you will get hired or a chance to be interviewed, but you shouldn't give up on sending proposals to potential clients. You may want to check out the following links to help you improve your profile: 

How to Make Your Freelancer Profile More Visible & Appealing to Big Clients on Upwork

Enhance Your Upwork Freelancer Profile for Greater Success

How to Create a Proposal That Wins Jobs

Upwork Profiles: Why a Great Title and Overview Can Make a Difference

A How-To Guide for Your Perfect Profile Picture

Get Your Profile to the Next Level with an Intro Video

4 Ways to Create a More Successful Portfolio Regardless of Your Skill Set

Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

I don't know what you expected, but you described freelancing quite well. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths