🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » New kid on the block
Page options
26e0d803
Community Member

New kid on the block

Hello, I'm new to Upwork and I just completed a course New to Upwork 101. My question is, is there any benefit attached to completing the course? like getting a badge for it or getting a rank?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Those badges can only be seen in your community profile, not in the profile that clients see. The only badges shown in your client-facing profile are top rated, rising talent, top-rated plus and expert vetted. I'm not sure that these community cartoon badges will be good for any bragging rights, considering that there are 66 different badges and most of us will end up with dozens of them, without even trying.

The real value of taking Academy courses is that you'll know what you're doing and be better able to get clients and manage your projects. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
christopherbudde
Community Member

If you learned how to navigate Upwork there is value in that. If you learned how to avoid scams, value in that also. I don't know if it affects standing.

luqman_mak
Community Member

As Christopher said,
The Upwork academy helps you understand how the platform works and that would be important should you choose to investyourself here. 
Like any formal education system, there are limits to what you can learn there - so dig into the posts on the community to learn more about case-case scenarios and get tips. A good starting point is this article by a community memeber on how to spot scammers: 
https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

Thanks

petechai
Community Member

Hi Opeyemi, coincidentally, in the community there was a post by Community Manager 🙂  I believe badges were just introduced 4-Oct-2022 (just yesterday in my part of the world)

😅I guess it comes with bragging rights too.  I had completed the Upwork 102 course and ... tada! I got this

badge-04-Oct-2022.PNG

I beleieve you will get a note soon 🙂

Cheers!

Peter

Those badges can only be seen in your community profile, not in the profile that clients see. The only badges shown in your client-facing profile are top rated, rising talent, top-rated plus and expert vetted. I'm not sure that these community cartoon badges will be good for any bragging rights, considering that there are 66 different badges and most of us will end up with dozens of them, without even trying.

The real value of taking Academy courses is that you'll know what you're doing and be better able to get clients and manage your projects. 

Great, thanks

Me too, i got it

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths