🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » New member as full time Graphic Designer
Page options
1c326ec8
Community Member

New member as full time Graphic Designer

Greeting!

New member here, expert in all Graphic designing related Adobe softwares like Photoshop, illustrator, InDesign, acrobat. I am really thankful to be a part of Upwork community and looking forward to work on Upwork to proceed my freelancing career as a graphic designer. I am open to any advice coming from you all as i am new here. 

Regards,

Rashid 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
christopherbudde
Community Member

Hi Rashid. Welcome aboard.

Your portfolio should have actual jobs done. You have too many items that look like they were copied from sites. 

Cut down your bullet lists to 5-6 offerings. Specialize more.

We all use Adobe products. Remove all mention of them. Clients don't really care. It's the results that matter.

I like to use actual files in my portfolio. It shows the client what to expect. Lose the backgrounds and show the samples flat, not angled.

Don't answer invites off-platform. Sure sign of a scam.

Good luck, Chris

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
christopherbudde
Community Member

Hi Rashid. Welcome aboard.

Your portfolio should have actual jobs done. You have too many items that look like they were copied from sites. 

Cut down your bullet lists to 5-6 offerings. Specialize more.

We all use Adobe products. Remove all mention of them. Clients don't really care. It's the results that matter.

I like to use actual files in my portfolio. It shows the client what to expect. Lose the backgrounds and show the samples flat, not angled.

Don't answer invites off-platform. Sure sign of a scam.

Good luck, Chris

Thanks a lot for your kind advice. I will try to implement all. 

Regards

Rashid 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths