🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » New on Upwork
Page options
patrix030
Community Member

New on Upwork

Hey there,

I'm new on Upwork and just try to get my first project. Now a potential client sends me an invitation to an interview. The project sounds interesting to me, is well described and the profile looks legit to me at first sight. In the end he sends a link with an application form where I have to enter my full name, E-mail address, and Skype username (I copied the end of the Mail with the link below).

I just want to know if this kind of (external) application is normal or if it is a scam that maybe only collects data.

Thanks for any help and kind regards
Patrick

Here the copied end of the Mail with the link below:

(...)

INTERESTED?

(...) Type the word blue under additional comments in the form to indicate that you read this post in its entirety. If you’re interested and/or have someone in mind who would be a perfect fit, fill out the application below:

fill out the application below: https://forms.gle/Z7ZK31Zkv64mmSzu9 

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Per new upwork policy (starting soon) you are not allowed to communicate outside of upwork before being hired. So just tell them that. 

Thanks a lot for the fast response.

Kind regards

re: "I just want to know if this kind of (external) application is normal or if it is a scam that maybe only collects data."

It is NOT normal.

It is typically a scam to collect data, or a precursor to stealing your money.

If you are  new to Upwork, sadly most if not all invitations will come from scammers.   It was a long time before I started getting valid invitations.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths