🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: New to UpWork and Very excited!
Page options
kensuttone
Community Member

New to UpWork and Very excited!

Hello everyone,

I would just like to take a minute and introduce myself. I am new on this platform but am excited to utilize it! Thanks to everyone for all the information that has been posted here, I wish you all the best and I can't wait to dive in! This being said, I tried searching the forum rules and TOS to see if there was a more appropriate place to post an itntroduction thread. Is this an ok post or is there a more appropriate place to introduce myself?

Thanks in advanced!

8 REPLIES 8
8f30256c
Community Member

Welcome Kenneth!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

You're in the right place, Kenneth! Welcome to Upwork, and the Upwork Community. 

You posted in the right place. Here's a link for more information about the Community Basics. Feel free to post anything if you have further questions about working on Upwork. 

Have fun!

~ Avery
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Kenneth S wrote:

Hello everyone,

I would just like to take a minute and introduce myself. I am new on this platform but am excited to utilize it! Thanks to everyone for all the information that has been posted here, I wish you all the best and I can't wait to dive in! This being said, I tried searching the forum rules and TOS to see if there was a more appropriate place to post an itntroduction thread. Is this an ok post or is there a more appropriate place to introduce myself?

Thanks in advanced!

Welcome Kenneth! Be sure to stay safe, so read all the info and tipps for newbies in the help section as well as the forum. Don't forget a portfolio to demonstrate your skills, and be vary of unsolicited invitations before you have a solid upwork history, most of those are scams. 

Welcome, Kenneth!

lysis10
Community Member

aww so adorable and cute, my little doe-eyed freelancer. You'll be raging soon enough, sweaty, and then you'll be just like us.

Jennifer M wrote:

aww so adorable and cute, my little doe-eyed freelancer. You'll be raging soon enough, sweaty, and then you'll be just like us.

darn, girl! Could you not have given the guy a few more days of hopeful naivite until the big plop onto the hard concrete that is freelancing on upwork! Jeez!

darn, girl! Could you not have given the guy a few more days of hopeful naivite until the big plop onto the hard concrete that is freelancing on upwork! Jeez!

lol I always see these people as bambi and he's gonna get shot by the hunters AKA cheap clients and scammers if he doesn't go into this with cynicism and alcohol.

Jennifer M wrote:

lol I always see these people as bambi and he's gonna get shot by the hunters AKA cheap clients and scammers if he doesn't go into this with cynicism and alcohol.

Yeah, he seems such a nice guy! Oh the steep learning curve...

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths