🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » New to Upwork - Fixed Contract
Page options
marinoszagkotsis
Community Member

New to Upwork - Fixed Contract

Dear Upworkers,

I am new to Upwork and I have sent a proposal for a fixed money job. The client sent me email so that he could give me more info. Regarding his request I was able to produce what he wanted however because of the API link he gave me he could not get the whole data(which was not what he asked in the job description). The thing is he does not reply and when I opened the upwork desktop application I was not able to track time. Is there something I can do? Can you fill me in about how this process works when you get a job? 

Thank you in advance

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Marinos Z wrote:

I am new to Upwork and I have sent a proposal for a fixed money job. The client sent me email so that he could give me more info. Regarding his request I was able to produce what he wanted however because of the API link he gave me he could not get the whole data(which was not what he asked in the job description). The thing is he does not reply and when I opened the upwork desktop application I was not able to track time. Is there something I can do?

You can never track time on a fixed contract. Tracking time is for hourly contracts only.

But the question is more likely whether you actually have a contract at all... Do you?

Take a look at your "My Jobs Page"

Is there a contract?

Did you get an Upwork Offer and did you accept it?

"Where is my money?""Where is my money?"

I cannot see any amount. I noticed that the job is listed in Active Candidacy. I did not know how the platform worked and I thought that by submitting the proposal and him replying to you that you were the chosen one. Its a pity really 😞

Marinos Z wrote:

I thought that by submitting the proposal and him replying to you that you were the chosen one.

Nope. That means you are in an interview phase.

You're not hired until you are hired.

You'll know for next time

Marinos Z wrote:

I cannot see any amount. I noticed that the job is listed in Active Candidacy. I did not know how the platform worked and I thought that by submitting the proposal and him replying to you that you were the chosen one. Its a pity really 😞

Never attempt something if you don't know about it. Never assume you'll know what and how to do something if you've never done it before. Things and items come with instructions. So does this site. 

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us

Read all the information listed under the 9 topics listed in the above link. , Then read all the information in the 9 green links under Suggested Articles.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Getting-Started-on-Upwork/td-p/264214

Then go through all of the green links under the heading FREELANCERS in the above link.

Finally, do a search on this discussion forum for SCAMS.

After that, then you're ready to work correctly and safely.

Thousands of freelancer learn the hard way. They lose money, (hundreds of dollars) they have their identify stolen and they waste their time, effort and energy and give away work without being hired, or paid. All because they did not know how this site works, or how to work correctly on this site and did not want to take the time and energy to find out before looking for jobs. 

jodypm
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Marinos Z wrote:

I am new to Upwork and I have sent a proposal for a fixed money job. The client sent me email so that he could give me more info. Regarding his request I was able to produce what he wanted however because of the API link he gave me he could not get the whole data(which was not what he asked in the job description). The thing is he does not reply and when I opened the upwork desktop application I was not able to track time. Is there something I can do?

You can never track time on a fixed contract. Tracking time is for hourly contracts only.

But the question is more likely whether you actually have a contract at all... Do you?

Take a look at your "My Jobs Page"

Is there a contract?

Did you get an Upwork Offer and did you accept it?

"Where is my money?""Where is my money?"

I always love to see this flowchart, Petra, it does a remarkable job of breaking down the process. To be honest, every time that it is used, it should be marked as the Solution.

petra_r
Community Member

Jody P wrote:

I always love to see this flowchart, Petra, it does a remarkable job of breaking down the process. To be honest, every time that it is used, it should be marked as the Solution.

Ah Jody, thanks so much, that is really sweet of you 🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths