🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » New to Upwork, Not to Designing
Page options
heatherozee
Community Member

New to Upwork, Not to Designing

I'm graphic designer/illustrator with 21 years of experience in the corporate world. I'm trying to transition to full time freelance for better security in light of layoffs. It seems I'm not having much luck getting jobs I bid on. Is there any of the more seasoned upwork forum members that could look over my profile, or even proposals and offer some advice. I'm not sure how to build confidence with clients if I can't get a first job on here to prove myself. I will be doing the tests they mentioned in the webinar.

4 REPLIES 4
cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Heather,

Welcome to Upwork! I can only recommend that you should write your proposals carefully and unique. You must also write your proposals a bit faster because there are other freelancers bidding for the same job post too. Lastly, be active at all times so that you can respond to your prospective clients as soon as possible. You may also read the following articles to help you boost your success here on Upwork:

Writing a winning proposal

Enhance your profile

Tips to avoid questionable jobs

Thank you and good luck!

Untitled

Thanks!

Heather, I'm not a designer so I may not be the best judge of your profile, but your hourly rate may scare off some clients, so perhaps a good strategy for you might be to concentrate on clients who've spent a substantial sum on the platform. Good luck!

thanks! Great Advice 🙂 My rate on here is actually less than what my day job charges for my hourly design. I think you're right, focus ont hose used to paying for skills 🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths