cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Upwork - Time Tracker & weekly Hours

Highlighted
Maria F Member Since: Jan 23, 2017
11 of 15

Ok, so if I work extra hours, I have to ask to the client to increase the weekly hours and then he will pay me for that extra time (Manual time). Right?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
12 of 15

Maria: manual/automatically logged time...

And maximum number of hours allowed per week are two different topics. You may be connecting them in your mind in a way that is not how it really works.

Note that if your limit per week is 3 hours, and you work 4 hours, you will ba automatically paid for 3 hours of work.

If the client raises the limit THIS WEEK, then you will automatically be paid for 4 hours of work.

The client would not need to pay you using a bonus.

Highlighted
Maria F Member Since: Jan 23, 2017
13 of 15

Ah ok, got it! thank you so much!!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
14 of 15

@Maria F wrote:

Ok, so if I work extra hours, I have to ask to the client to increase the weekly hours and then he will pay me for that extra time (Manual time). Right?

Only if you bill over the allowable hours does the client need to approve.

I force them to increase the allowable hours if we need to go over. I wouldn't trust someone to approve overtime.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
15 of 15

Hi Maria,

I see you have already received a lot of great advise from Community members. I have merged your posts about using the app to log your time and getting paid for your hours into one thread to avoid confusion.

You can also check this help article for more information about getting paid on hourly contracts.

~ Valeria
Untitled