🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » New to Upwork but finding it hard to land a j...
Page options
pauloalatto
Community Member

New to Upwork but finding it hard to land a job

Been here for a few months, and have not been able to land a job, I'm constantly sending out proposals for jobs but go unnoticed, my profile stats has never got any organic views except for when I make a post here in the community discussion board, and I'm wondering what am doing wrong, can't really tell, could some please help me out with suggestion and if there's any upwork staff here seeing this who could help check out my visibility problems I would really appreciate that, also if you run an agency could you reach out please I would love to work for you, How can I find agencies to work for here on upwork?

6 REPLIES 6
m_terrazas
Community Member

Paul I wrote:

Been here for a few months, and have not been able to land a job, I'm constantly sending out proposals for jobs but go unnoticed, my profile stats has never got any organic views except for when I make a post here in the community discussion board, and I'm wondering what am doing wrong, can't really tell, could some please help me out with suggestion and if there's any upwork staff here seeing this who could help check out my visibility problems I would really appreciate that, also if you run an agency could you reach out please I would love to work for you, How can I find agencies to work for here on upwork?

One question, the images that are in your portfolio, do they belong to you?
There is one that I think is not.
The others are templates, did you create them?

Yes the others are templates, and i didnt create them

Which image do you think doesn't belong to me ? as for the LOGOS I created them all, although the last one was a fusion of ideas from web searched images for the word SUSTAINABLE LIFE  

Is there anything wrong with working with templates for clients?

Paul I wrote:

Which image do you think doesn't belong to me ? as for the LOGOS I created them all, although the last one was a fusion of ideas from web searched images for the word SUSTAINABLE LIFE  

No, it just happens that you are displaying templates as if they were your work. You have not created them, it is not your job.

Hi Paul,

Please note that you can use your portfolio to show off projects related to any or all of your skills, so long as you personally have worked on every item you add and adhere to all of Upwork’s Terms of Service.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Aleksandar D wrote:

Hi Paul,

Please note that you can use your portfolio to show off projects related to any or all of your skills, so long as you personally have worked on every item you add and adhere to all of Upwork’s Terms of Service.

Thank you.

Hi Aleksandar,
Regarding the flagged phrase, is it the Upwork's policy regarding the items displayed in the portfolio?
Each sample must be from a work done by the freelancer.

Paul I wrote:

Clients hire graphic designers because they're looking for original, custom work, which is probably why you're having trouble getting hired. If a client wanted a template, they could just buy one themselves very cheaply, or even download one for free.

As for your logos, your client could run into trouble with a composite image if they decide that they want to copyright it.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths