cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Upwork, getting work as an illustrator?

taterbunny
Victoria D Member Since: Apr 30, 2018
1 of 3

Howdy, I've just started here on Upwork. My account was approved today, and I've been reading around and learning the ropes on the site. Still gotta wait to set up the payments stuff and whatnot. I'm not new to freelancing though, I've been a freelancer for many years (though I've really only worked 1:1 with individual clients and not really any businesses).

I mostly do sculpture work outside of here, but would really like to try to get a foot in the door for doing children's storybook illustrations if I can. I got excited when I learned about Upwork because I heard clients with those sorts of projects hire out from here if they like your stuff.

I guess what I'm getting at is how would one go about getting work for children's storybooks most feasibly? Would it be best to check on job listings daily, or list a proposal (or is that the same thing here, not sure how this works yet)? How do proposals work?

Examples of my drawn works are on my profile. Sculptures are excluded because I'd like to focus on just illustration work on Upwork.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 3

Victoria:

Thank you for your post. The information you are looking for is here:

Getting Started on Upwork

After you have read all of that information and also searched the Community Forum for topics related to your questions, please feel free to post in the Forum if you have specific questions that have not already been addressed here.

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
3 of 3

Hi Victoria,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please check out this thread and go through the guides, tutorials, courses, videos, Help articles and Community discussions, designed to help you start bidding successfully and winning jobs on Upwork. You may check Hiring Headquarters link in the thread I mentioned, and find there some excellent articles for both, improving profiles and writing good proposals. You may also read this article to help you avoid questionable jobs. Afterwards, if you have any questions feel free to follow up in the Community and we'll gladly help you with them.

~ Bojan
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS