cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Upwork, need some assistance getting started

Cathy H Member Since: Dec 13, 2016
1 of 5

I'm new to Upwork.  Can someone explain how much I should charge?  Also, how do you get paid?  Do I need to set up a paypal account?  Very excited, but nervous.

As of right now, I am only doing this part time (only being able to work 3 pm to 10 pm each night).  How do I accept jobs, look for the right work to get started?

Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
2 of 5

Welcome to Upwork!

I would strongly suggest that you read everything linked in this thread before you submit a single p...

If you do, you'll be very well-prepared and well-educated on how the platform works, the rules and regulations that will keep you and your account safe, etc.

Good luck!

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 5

Cathy: It is not acceptable for you to work on Upwork at this time. You are not ready to work here. Please do your homework first before accepting any jobs, applying to any jobs or asking any further questions in the Forum.

Community Manager
Garnor M Community Manager Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
4 of 5

Welcome Cathy! I strongly recommend joining me this Thursday for this introductory webinar, or at minimum, listening to the recorded version we have in the same discussion thread. 

Community Guru
Kat C Member Since: Jul 11, 2016
5 of 5

To add to the very good advice and research recommended by other fabulous Upwork people...

Read every thread regarding SPAM and FRAUD.

Your VA profile will attract them very soon.