🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: New to Upwork
Page options
p_praharaj
Community Member

New to Upwork

I am, new to Upwork and aware that it is really tough to grab that first job. After constant research and submission of proposals, most of the proposals are not at all responded and the criteria still remains that job success score should be atleast 90% or more. The Client always hires the freelancer with the eligible success score. Not sure, how will a new freelancer even reach a success score, when not accepted in a single proposal.

Have modified my profile and will keep submitting proposals... Need some tips on how to proceed.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
resultsassoc
Community Member

Pratikshya,

You do not say what services you offer. Your profile is set to private, so I cannot see it there.

DO: Ask questions about the job and the client in your response. That shows you are more interested in the client and her work than in the money. And, questions invite answers. Now, you're in a dialog, where the work you really want is won.

DO: Write a tailored cover letter. If possible, let the client infer that you know his industry. "As you know, in the foofram industry, the availability of low-cost substitutes has ...."

DON'T: Promise to work hard. That's expected. Provde a long list of anything. Mostly irrelevant. Promise unlimited revisions. That's a sure way to bankruptcy. Try to win on price. I recently made a hire from seventeen or so responses. I disqualified three because their price was too low.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JoanneP

Hi Pratikshya,

I understand that it can be disheartening whe you do not get hired even with continuously sending proposals. You may want to consider checking out these helpful blog articles to help you write winning proposals, improve your profile and tips on how to be successful on Upwork. Feel free to reach out if you need further assistance.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you for the response Joanne!

resultsassoc
Community Member

Pratikshya,

You do not say what services you offer. Your profile is set to private, so I cannot see it there.

DO: Ask questions about the job and the client in your response. That shows you are more interested in the client and her work than in the money. And, questions invite answers. Now, you're in a dialog, where the work you really want is won.

DO: Write a tailored cover letter. If possible, let the client infer that you know his industry. "As you know, in the foofram industry, the availability of low-cost substitutes has ...."

DON'T: Promise to work hard. That's expected. Provde a long list of anything. Mostly irrelevant. Promise unlimited revisions. That's a sure way to bankruptcy. Try to win on price. I recently made a hire from seventeen or so responses. I disqualified three because their price was too low.

Hello Bill,

Thank you for the response. Will surely keep the tips shared in mind while submitting my proposals.

My profile view is set to view to Upwork users, not private. Not sure why you cannot view it at your end. Do you suggest any additional setting change?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths