🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » New to Upwork
Page options
andrea_lewin
Community Member

New to Upwork

Hi Im not able to find a contact number for upwork so im posting my question here. My question is --- im new to upwork and i have a client.  At what point do i turn on my work diary? For example, i have already started to review the files, which i realize is a part of analysis and understanding the clients requirements. Should i have turned on my work diary? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andrea,

After consulting with your Client, you can start working on your Hourly contract and log your working hours using The Upwork Desktop App. On an hourly contract, you log hours and the client is automatically billed for them. Please check this article to learn how to log time using this app. Please learn about Hourly Payment Protection and weekly billing cycle

As a new user, please familiarize yourself with those processes. Note that manually added hours are not covered by Upwork Hourly Protection, unlike the hours you logged using the Upwork Desktop App.

Let us know if you need further assistance. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andrea,

After consulting with your Client, you can start working on your Hourly contract and log your working hours using The Upwork Desktop App. On an hourly contract, you log hours and the client is automatically billed for them. Please check this article to learn how to log time using this app. Please learn about Hourly Payment Protection and weekly billing cycle

As a new user, please familiarize yourself with those processes. Note that manually added hours are not covered by Upwork Hourly Protection, unlike the hours you logged using the Upwork Desktop App.

Let us know if you need further assistance. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths