🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » New to Upwork
Page options
ferdusuzzaman-ru
Community Member

New to Upwork

Hi Upwork.I am Mobile Developer.I am New and Begainer.Is My Profile Picture ok.

Can I add my Java Coding As a work sample.

Can Someone Confirm I am Approved or Not.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

If you have created Java source code, then you may put it into your porfolio as a work sample as long as:

a) you own the source code

or

b) you have permission from the owner to use it in your portfolio

You can create things for yourself, or create things specifically for your portfolio, and you don't need to ask anyone's permission to put such creations into your portfolio.

But if you are hired to create something, including source code, then the person who pays you for that work owns the rights to it. In that case, you need their permission in order to include it in your portfolio.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Ferdusuzzaman R wrote:

Hi Upwork.I am Mobile Developer.I am New and Begainer.Is My Profile Picture ok.

Can I add my Java Coding As a work sample.

But you say you are a mobile developer? (Well, you also say you speak native level English which isn't true either) and have developed over 10 apps, so clearly those are which you should put in your portfolio?

Or did you just say you're a mobile developer to get approved even though you aren't actually any such thing?

prestonhunter
Community Member

If you have created Java source code, then you may put it into your porfolio as a work sample as long as:

a) you own the source code

or

b) you have permission from the owner to use it in your portfolio

You can create things for yourself, or create things specifically for your portfolio, and you don't need to ask anyone's permission to put such creations into your portfolio.

But if you are hired to create something, including source code, then the person who pays you for that work owns the rights to it. In that case, you need their permission in order to include it in your portfolio.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths