🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » New to Upwork
Page options
oreofe_edits
Community Member

New to Upwork

Hi there,

I have been on Upwork for a couple months. In this time, I have submitted 20+ proposals but I have not gotten any jobs.

I have two specialized profiles - one in Editing and Proofreading and another in Technical Writing. Most of the jobs I have submitted proposals for have been in Editing and Proofreading. I offered editing and proofreading services off of Upwork but I am having trouble communicating my value.

• Would you be so kind as to provide some feedback on how to strengthen my profile?
  • What are some tips for submitting strong proposals? So far I have been following a format of introduction, experience and call to action but I don't think I am communicating my experience well enough.

Thank you so much!

Oreofe

5 REPLIES 5
JoanneP

Hi Oreofe,

Thanks for reaching out. I understand that you wanted to find ways to improve your profile and increase your chances of getting hired. I recommend that you please check out the following resources for helpful tips:

9 Tips to Help You Create a Freelancer Profile That Stands Out

4 Ways to Create a More Successful Freelancer Portfolio

10 Upwork Profile Examples That Will Help You Get Clients

How To Get More Jobs on Upwork in 2021

How to Create a Proposal That Wins Jobs

How to Write a Cover Letter

You can find more helpful resources here.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you for these resource, Joanne! They are much appreciated 

Thank you so much for this 6 important resource. It will be very help for very newbie worker.

mwiggenhorn
Community Member

When reading both proposals and profiles, the client only sees the first 2 lines before they decide whether to scroll down.  I think you need to rearrage your profile completely to put "My goal" maybe at the top.  Use complete sentences throughout.  You have some lacking punctuation and I think you can shorten it up considerably.  Get someone else to do a thorough proofreading.  Hope this helps!

It sure does! Thank you Mary.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths