🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » New to Upwork
Page options
1b610d95
Community Member

New to Upwork

Hello there,

I'm new to Upwork and finding myself a bit frustrated. Despite submitting over 20 proposals, the majority haven't received any views or replies. I understand that securing the first job can be challenging, but I'm wondering if there's something extra I could be doing or if I'm overlooking something.

On another note, I recently subscribed to Freelancer Plus. I noticed that one of the benefits offered in this package is the ability to "Skip the line" for Upwork Skills Certifications. I believe that obtaining these certifications could potentially improve my chances of landing jobs. Could you please guide me on how to participate in the Upwork Skills Certifications?

I appreciate anyone taking the time to read this. I'm open to chatting with fellow freelancers who might have faced similar concerns. Have a fantastic day!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
28df5aed

Hi Ariadna,

When a client posts a job, they set their freelancer's preferences. This is streamlined to assist clients in the hiring process, they may require freelancers with specific skills or the number of hours worked in the platform or score that they wanted to find.

If these criteria are not met, that doesn't mean you cannot apply for these jobs or your proposal will not be sent to the clients. They can still receive it, but it is within the client's discretion, clients control which freelancers are shortlisted or will move forward in the next hiring process. 

Here are some tips that worked for me and may work for you:

• Submit excellent cover letters: It should be professional, concise, and customized for each job. Please check this link: https://www.upwork.com/blog/2010/05/how-to-write-a-cover-letter/ 
  •  The clients initially see the first 2 lines of a cover letter and profile title. So make sure these elements of your profile count.

To learn more about creating winning proposals and succeeding in Upwork, check out the Hiring Headquarter articles below.

Related Links

Note:

Currently, Upwork Skill Certifications are offered by invitation only.

~ Angelica Mikaela

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
2a6b4898
Community Member

Also facing same problem 

28df5aed

Hi Ariadna,

When a client posts a job, they set their freelancer's preferences. This is streamlined to assist clients in the hiring process, they may require freelancers with specific skills or the number of hours worked in the platform or score that they wanted to find.

If these criteria are not met, that doesn't mean you cannot apply for these jobs or your proposal will not be sent to the clients. They can still receive it, but it is within the client's discretion, clients control which freelancers are shortlisted or will move forward in the next hiring process. 

Here are some tips that worked for me and may work for you:

• Submit excellent cover letters: It should be professional, concise, and customized for each job. Please check this link: https://www.upwork.com/blog/2010/05/how-to-write-a-cover-letter/ 
  •  The clients initially see the first 2 lines of a cover letter and profile title. So make sure these elements of your profile count.

To learn more about creating winning proposals and succeeding in Upwork, check out the Hiring Headquarter articles below.

Related Links

Note:

Currently, Upwork Skill Certifications are offered by invitation only.

~ Angelica Mikaela

great one

Yes 

Swliyanage

Good idea 

Swliyanage

Thanks for the education.

9d2d690a
Community Member

Your ccorrect 

Swliyanage
2c65e059
Community Member

I found a first work after sending about 170 proposals. Do not give up. Just buy connections.

04b1ea5e
Community Member

Nice to be here, I'm Mudi Muritala hoping to get the best out of Upwork

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths