🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » New to Upwork
Page options
af8ca852
Community Member

New to Upwork

Hi everyone! I submitted a proposal today and the client reached out to me tonight. Now my proposal went from submitted to active. What does that mean and what is going to happen next? She is sending me more details for the task tomorrow. Do you generate a contract or how does that work so I can begin completing her task? 

4 REPLIES 4
af8ca852
Community Member

UPDATE: 

I found my answer in an older post from 2019. I haven't started any work yet, thank goodness because this is what I found. 

'An "active proposal" is meaningless - it's just an interview, really,  and you certainly should not have started working!!'. 

We are meeting tomorrow for the interview. Phew! I need to get more familiar with this platform. Please excuse my ignorance!

Hello Angela,

Thank you for your message. I am glad to hear that you already found an answer to your question. Yes, you need to accept an Upwork contract from the client before you initiate any work for them.

Since you are new to Upwork, I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

Visit our Resource Center and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Angela W wrote:

UPDATE: 

I found my answer in an older post from 2019. I haven't started any work yet, thank goodness because this is what I found. 

'An "active proposal" is meaningless - it's just an interview, really,  and you certainly should not have started working!!'. 

We are meeting tomorrow for the interview. Phew! I need to get more familiar with this platform. Please excuse my ignorance!

Make sure this interview is taking place within upwork, on messenger or upwork zoom, and not outside of any communication method that upwork provides! 

Thank you. I hope she does call using the Upwork platform. I did notice the phone icon in the messaging service that the platform provides.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths