🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: New to agency need help.
Page options
lesterb22
Community Member

New to agency need help.

Recently, I have been not opening my upwork account. I am a part of an agency though.

I just logged in and I saw a message of me applying to a job post, but I had been inactive.

My agency sent me a message that we have work to do.

Now I don't understand, does he have full access to my account or just my messages?

Worrying about privacy.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lester, 

Please be sure that you're the only user who has access to your account, and who has your login information. It's a Terms of Service violation to share your account with someone else.

It's very likely that your agency business manager, or agency owner sent a proposal on your behalf. They should also be able to send you messages through the Messages page, and you should receive their messages on the same page. 

If you think that your account is compromised, you can let us know, and we will forward your account to the team to be investigated further.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lester, 

Please be sure that you're the only user who has access to your account, and who has your login information. It's a Terms of Service violation to share your account with someone else.

It's very likely that your agency business manager, or agency owner sent a proposal on your behalf. They should also be able to send you messages through the Messages page, and you should receive their messages on the same page. 

If you think that your account is compromised, you can let us know, and we will forward your account to the team to be investigated further.

~ Avery
Upwork
lesterb22
Community Member

I honestly did not share my account to anyone else but me. It contains my credit card and any other confidential information. so I am bothered about how did he send a proposal on my behalf... can you assist me further? I wanna know.

Hi Lester,

In addition to the information Avery shared with you.

I`ve escalated your account to our security team and rest assured your account is not compromised. 

As Avery noted, business managers can send proposals in on behalf of their team members. If you have any additional questions or further help is needed feel free to reach out to me via PM as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths