🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: New to upwork and bad client experience.....
Page options
thefilmygirl
Community Member

New to upwork and bad client experience..please help

I am a newbie on this platform..got my 1st job recently and not really had a good experience with the client.The job was to design 8 graphics and the client may be impressed with the sample I had attached, asked me to design a linkedin banner as well.He told me it will be considered in 1 job and if I don't want to do it , he will move to another freelancer . I agreed , bcos wanted to kickstart the journey on this platform. When i submitted the whole work..he was least bothered about the graphics which was the original thing mentioned in the job and asked me multiple revisions of linkedin banner which was not even included. And when I asked him if the changes he is asking is final..he was very rude that freelancers give unlimited revisions unless the clients approves and that since upwork has become public, there are tons of bad freelancers.. When I asked him about the graphics he was like that it didn't meet our expectations n all and that you make this linkedin banner then its great..
Finally after multiple revisions, he approved the milestone and now he messages me saying that I will give you 5 star rating only if you do the same for me.
What do i do? I don't want to give a 5 star for such client who doesn't respects someone's time and work ..How does the rating system works here? Please suggest
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "he was very rude that freelancers give unlimited revisions unless the clients approves and that since upwork has become public"

It does not matter what he said.

No serious freelancer gives "unlimited revisions" as part of a fixed-price job.

Personally, I provide zero revisions.

If a client wants unlimited revisions, that is an hourly contract, not a fixed-price contract.

This client was unprofessional, unethical and immoral. The client was being a bully. The client was taking advantage of you becase you are so new.

re: "now he messages me saying that I will give you 5 star rating only if you do the same for me."

The client is violating a serious Upwork ToS rule. This is known as feedback violation.

How does the feedback system work?

It is "double blind," which means that there is no way for the client to see your feedback to him until after he has left his feedback for you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "he was very rude that freelancers give unlimited revisions unless the clients approves and that since upwork has become public"

It does not matter what he said.

No serious freelancer gives "unlimited revisions" as part of a fixed-price job.

Personally, I provide zero revisions.

If a client wants unlimited revisions, that is an hourly contract, not a fixed-price contract.

This client was unprofessional, unethical and immoral. The client was being a bully. The client was taking advantage of you becase you are so new.

re: "now he messages me saying that I will give you 5 star rating only if you do the same for me."

The client is violating a serious Upwork ToS rule. This is known as feedback violation.

How does the feedback system work?

It is "double blind," which means that there is no way for the client to see your feedback to him until after he has left his feedback for you.

Thanks for your reply. I will give my honest feedback and end the contract.

Even after the approval of milestone yeaterday, he came back today and messaged me asking another change and again told me for changes if I want him to leave a 5 star rating or else he will just end the contract.
I have reported his messages where he is talking about ratings .How do I give a negative feedback keeping it professional and polite?I think and somewhere know that he is not going to give a positive feedback. How will it affect my profile in the future

Jyoti D wrote:
Even after the approval of milestone yeaterday, he came back today and messaged me asking another change and again told me for changes if I want him to leave a 5 star rating or else he will just end the contract.
I have reported his messages where he is talking about ratings .How do I give a negative feedback keeping it professional and polite?I think and somewhere know that he is not going to give a positive feedback. How will it affect my profile in the future

Honestly, I would say that I'd give him a good rating.. Then turn around and give him an honest rating. It wouldn't technically be a lie because honest ratings are supposed to be the best ones 😉

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths