🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: New to upwork, need to verify
Page options
reynaambos
Community Member

New to upwork, need to verify

 I would like to verify the authenticity of this employer. Paying $40 for an elite ID os a red flag for me.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

There is no support team verifying clients, and you can't post this kind of information on the forum. You will need to acquire the skill to recognize scams yourself. This is a scam. Red flags:  

• Why do you need a company ID? You are not an employee working at their offices. You are a freelancer who will never go to their offices. 
  • You never pay a client.
  • Notice that the main part of their messaging isn't the job at all, they just go and and on about the elite ID. 
  • The payment they offer is much too high for the work. No real clients pays that kind of money. Not on upwork, not anywhere else.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
martina_plaschka
Community Member

There is no support team verifying clients, and you can't post this kind of information on the forum. You will need to acquire the skill to recognize scams yourself. This is a scam. Red flags:  

• Why do you need a company ID? You are not an employee working at their offices. You are a freelancer who will never go to their offices. 
  • You never pay a client.
  • Notice that the main part of their messaging isn't the job at all, they just go and and on about the elite ID. 
  • The payment they offer is much too high for the work. No real clients pays that kind of money. Not on upwork, not anywhere else.

Thank you. I'm new to upwork and this was my first client experience. I
thought so too that there's something fishy about the job.

If you are new, i highly recommend reading this post if you havent done so already:
https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths