🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » New to upwork
Page options
atulshandilya78
Community Member

New to upwork

Sir I am new to upwork.i purchased connects through my debit card and apply for job but can't get any response from clients. Now I am confused that weather I am still user.is there anyone who tells me what should I do?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sir as you you know that I am new to upwork. I purchased conects through
My debit card and apply for jobs but
Still I have no response from clients.
What should I do to get a job?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
a_lipsey
Community Member

Clients  are likely not responding because your proposals are not compelling. If your proposals are anything like your profile, then they need a lot of work. First of all, you state that you are fluent in English, but your profile is very poorly written. You may need to work with someone who really is fluent in English to polish your profile and proposals. Since you are an engineer, clients aren't going to expect you to be a stellar writer, but you need to be able to effectively communicate in writing to them and understand what they are saying in their written communication to you.  I would suspect your English is more conversational versus fluent. 

Do a  search on the forum here for profile advice and proposal advice. There is a plethora in previous threads about how to write a strong profile and how to write a compelling proposal to the client. 

Good luck. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Atul, 

Kindly refer to the email sent to you by the team for more information on what changes you need to apply to your profile. If you have other questions, feel free to reply to the same ticket thread so that the team handling your case can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
atulshandilya78
Community Member

How I get to know that I am still member of upwork. 

Hi Atul,

I checked your account and can confirm that it was accepted and you can continue sending proposals. 
If you have any additional questions, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Sir as you you know that I am new to upwork. I purchased conects through
My debit card and apply for jobs but
Still I have no response from clients.
What should I do to get a job?
atulshandilya78
Community Member

I am in new in upwork. Didn't get my first job?.what should I do?

Hi Atul, 

I highly recommend that you edit your profile overview, making sure that there are no spelling and grammatical errors. This is what the clients see when they review a freelancer's profile, so it's best to make sure that you are able to impress them through your profile overview, and title. You may want to check out the freelancer resources we have compiled for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform.

I would also recommend that you check out these articles from our Hiring Headquarters to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork: 

Hopefully, this helps you with your Upwork career. Good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork

Atul S wrote:
I am in new in upwork. Didn't get my first job?.what should I do?

Well, lying about your English proficiency doesn't help. Why would you change it from Fluent to Native? If you overestimate your proficiency in English, and it's obvious you do, as a client, I'm going to find any other skills you claim to be suspect as well. It goes to credibility. 

Your profile needs a lot of work. There's nothing in it that sets you apart as unique or skilled in a way that thousands of other freelancers are. Again, I suggest you have someone who actually is fluent in English edit and proof your profile for you. Maybe have them look at your proposals too. 

Also, if you're applying to low-budget jobs, there is even more competition at the bottom. So you are going to have to spend a lot of connects and really stand out to get a job. Look at profiles of some of the top-rated freelancers in your field to get an idea of how they stand out (and emulate them but do not copy or plagairaize them). 

And change your English proficiency to conversational. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths