🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Newbie | How do I score a gig on Upwork?
Page options
wkdennis
Community Member

Newbie | How do I score a gig on Upwork?

Hi Everyone, 

Super excited to be a part of the upwork community. This is my first time using a platformt to find freelance work so I'm still familiarizing myself and working through the learning paths! That said, any one have advice on how to score my first gig? I've applied to several different proposals over the last week and haven't heard back from any yet. Would appreciate any tips/tricks!

6 REPLIES 6
02a1903a
Community Member

+1 

ArjayM

Hi Dee and Ahmed,

We truly appreciate you reaching out and being a part of Upwork! For starters, we highly suggest you visit the  Academy and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

I've also pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

Best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork
wkdennis
Community Member

Thanks Arjay, I'll def take a look through the resources you sent!

williamtcooper
Community Member

Dee,

Congrats on joining Upwork! Please click the Academy link on the top of the page for all the success tips. Have a great day!

atnevarez88
Community Member

Hello! Don't get discouraged about not hearing back from clients. It happens to us all.. when I first started I submitted proposals for all types of positions at a cheaper price to just to get some positive reviews listed on my profile. Build some trust with clients/future clients. Be creative with your introductions, and attach a resume, or examples of your previous work. Good luck! 

Thanks for the tips Anthony!! That's a great call to start at a lower rate to help get  my foot in the door with potential clients and begin to build trust from there - def going to give this a try along with playing around with my proposal!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths