cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Newbie Mistake - Spend All My Connect

Loke W Member Since: Oct 26, 2016
1 of 4

I just started Upwork and there seem to have many interesting job to explore. I spend all my connect within 12 hours of beginning my Upwork experience and now it is in suspension mode.....

And I don't even filter on the job pay and attempt many low pay job.....

Ok, so my Upwork experience is in suspension mode until next month, luckily it is not that far away. 

Highlighted
Junaid A Member Since: Oct 26, 2016
2 of 4

It happens to the best of us. Don't worry, you'll have all your connects back next month.

Just try to apply for jobs that you can really excel at and don't sell yourself short. Limit your connects to about 6 a day so you'll have connects later the month when you have an interesting job in your feed.

Good luck and have a great freelance journey.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 4

@Loke W wrote:

I just started Upwork and there seem to have many interesting job to explore. I spend all my connect within 12 hours of beginning my Upwork experience and now it is in suspension mode.....

And I don't even filter on the job pay and attempt many low pay job.....

Ok, so my Upwork experience is in suspension mode until next month, luckily it is not that far away. 

It is a month away.

Maybe use that time to fix your profile, or you will waste the next 60 connects as well.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
BEST ANSWER
4 of 4

Loke, you used up you connects. You gained experience. You tried applying to jobs using a certain strategy. All of this is good. Don't worry about it. Try a different strategy next month.

Don't say you are in suspension mode. Being suspended has a certain meaning. It usually happens because a person broke the rules or did something bad. You didn't break any rules.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS