🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Newbie needs help, please
Page options
mslshepherd
Community Member

Newbie needs help, please

Ever since the June 9th maintenance, I haven't received but two job offers and one notice of job closing. I was receiving emails about everything I did until the maintenance was performed. I'm concerned because I've used almost all my contacts and don't know if I've been hired or if the jobs are closed. I know I won't be accepted for every job but, in the past, I have at least been notified the jobs are closed. Also, the one job I accepted I performed and the client told me he had more work for me the next day - I haven't received anything.  I want to know how I can find out if I'm not being hired or if I have a problem with Upwork. I have seen other people on here with the same problem but, no resolution. Please, can someone help me?

5 REPLIES 5
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Linda,

I'm sorry about your experience! I checked this for you and on our end and was not able to replicate the issue you are experiencing. Could you please go to your Settings > Notification Settings and check the email address that shows on top there? Make sure that's the one you are checking and Upwork notifications don't go to your spam folder. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

Thak you for your time.  I have done all the things you suggested, and nothing is working.  I wasn't having problems until the June 9 maintenance.  Is there a way to see if some of the clients I sent proposals to have closed out the jobs?  Maybe I'm just not getting emails - although I received yours.  I'm out of connects and don't want to buy any more if my proposals are just flying around in "cyber space"  LOL.  I don't know what to do because I was really happy with Upwork until this happened.  My biggest worry is someone accepted my proposal, and I don't know to respond.  :((

Anything you can do to help me would be more than appreciated.

Thanks,

Linda

Bonjan,

That should have been - Thank you - I'm really upset.  Sorry.

@Linda S wrote:

Thak you for your time.  I have done all the things you suggested, and nothing is working.  I wasn't having problems until the June 9 maintenance.  Is there a way to see if some of the clients I sent proposals to have closed out the jobs?  Maybe I'm just not getting emails - although I received yours.  I'm out of connects and don't want to buy any more if my proposals are just flying around in "cyber space"

You can go to your proposals and archived proposals and check from there.

I think your low Job Success Score may well have something to do with the lack of response, rather than your proposals "flying around in cyberspace." The JSS last updated on the 10th, so the timing would fit.

Petra,

Thank you for the link to proposal history, that is what I've been trying to find for days.  I now know how to get there on my own.

Since the ninth, the history link is only showing four proposals.   Since the maintenance on the ninth, I have sent 26 connects and have only heard back on three.  Moreover, I only heard back from those after I asked the help center to look into my account.  That's not the experience I had been having with Upwork.

At this point, my JSS is not my worry. The fact I have used all my connects and I am not receiving any communication is my problem.  I know I won't be hired for every proposal I submit but, I was being emailed when the jobs were closed.

Linda

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths