🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Newbie question here
Page options
peterjupiter
Community Member

Newbie question here

Hello fellow Upworker's,

Sorry in advance for the redundancy, as I'm sure this has been asked in the past but I can't seem to find a ballpark answer. I am fairly new to Upwork and was wondering, how long it took graphic designers or Upworker's in general to win a steady flow of jobs? I know my lack of job ratings maybe hindering my success but I am determined to keep trucking! 

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Pedro, it can take a couple of months to get traction.  You might want to re-work your profile a bit.  Initially, the client only  sees the first two or three lines - don't waste that space introducing yourself.  Same thing with proposals- use those first lines to address the client's needs and the skills you have to meet those needs.

Since you're new to UW, be sure to highlight your expertise and skills before coming here. Best of luck - I think you will do well here.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

Pedro:
You have very nice work in your portfolio. But you have hidden all of it.

Don't hide your excellent skill!

Get rid of the section headers. Show individual portfolio pieces so that I can immediately see what kind of professional you are when I look at your profile page.

Below is a screenshot of your current portfolio, which hides your talent:

Screen Shot 2018-06-21 at 12.51.45 PM.png

Thank you Preston!

I appreciate the feedback I will be sure to separate the projects. 

digiphics
Community Member

Peter,

I agree with Preston, removing the header graphics from each section and showing work is a best practice. Think of it this way, a client sees your profile and has to make an extra "click" to get into each section to see your work, by removing the header graphics from each section you allow the client to get a quick oveview of your work. Extra clicks on web pages sometimes loses clients. You have some nice work, DISPLAY IT! That Jazz piece is really nice!

Much Luck!

Pedro, it can take a couple of months to get traction.  You might want to re-work your profile a bit.  Initially, the client only  sees the first two or three lines - don't waste that space introducing yourself.  Same thing with proposals- use those first lines to address the client's needs and the skills you have to meet those needs.

Since you're new to UW, be sure to highlight your expertise and skills before coming here. Best of luck - I think you will do well here.

Thank you very much, Mary!

It is very helpful to have some sort of a time frame as to when things may pick up, and thanks for the tips on my profile I will definitely re-work it to showcase my skill set.

Thanks again!

Thaks Gerald, I think you and Preston are spot on with the extra click theory. I will definitely be adjusting my profile and thanks for the kind words on the Jazz piece much appreciated from talent as yourself! 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths