🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Newbie seeking assistance
Page options
d01ff774
Community Member

Newbie seeking assistance

Hi, there!

I got contacted for my first job today and, needless to say, I was so excited! It went well. The client was happy and paid the milestone. I have two questions, though.

The amount doesn't reflect in my earnings yet. Is it because I have to setup payment options first?

Also, I don't see the project on my profile. Is that normal? Is it because they contacted me through messages? Can I still get a testimonial for it from the client? (Note: I did accept the contract.)

Thanks for the help!

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Stephany,

Please keep in mind that all payments need to go through our 5 days security period. To view in what stage your earnings are go to Reports > Overview. 

In order for a contract to be published on your profile funds needs to be exchanged. I would also like to clarify that once you`re paid it can take up to 24 hours for everything to be updated.

I would also suggest to check out our resources Here and learn more about Upwork. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks SO much, Goran!

I really do appreciate you shedding some light on how all of that works. I'll definitely check out the resources you linked and take a chill pill. Smiley Tongue

Cheers, good sir!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths