🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Newbie seeking info re:inactivity
Page options
b_scholler
Community Member

Newbie seeking info re:inactivity

I am brand new to Upwork. I am intending to make a go of offering a seasonal, early year, annual service. Thus far, I have not firmly decided on how I want to describe my offering, as far as pricing and specialties, etc. I am wondering how long I may research and read along, without earnings activity, before I will be kicked from the site, if at all.

As my service season is not due to begin until the first quarter of next year, I wonder if I should just deregister and re-initiate my account closer to my service season onset, or if I may remain inactive earnings-wise until that time ?

Please advise. Thanks in advance for any insight offered.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Barb,

You don't need to delete your account. If you aren't planning to use it for a period of time, you can set it to private. Once you are ready to continue, you can update your profile visibility and availability and start sending proposals to jobs again.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ilyas2010
Community Member

I am afraid, if you are not active for next few months, your profile will be made private. Then its much difficult to secure work!

Thank you, Ilyas. Then I will delete my account until I'm ready. I'll go figure out how to do that.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Barb,

You don't need to delete your account. If you aren't planning to use it for a period of time, you can set it to private. Once you are ready to continue, you can update your profile visibility and availability and start sending proposals to jobs again.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Oh, thank you, Valeria! 

I'm glad I stuck around to read awhile. I'll do that. 

Thanks very much for the save.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths