cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highlighted
Frances A Member Since: May 12, 2017
1 of 6

Hi! I'm a new to upwork and I already have an offer. What does that mean?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
2 of 6

@Frances A wrote:

Hi! I'm a new to upwork and I already have an offer. What does that mean?

Thanks!

It means you may have been offered a job. If the offer includes a Google hangout interview, then it is 99.9% likely to be a scam.

You really ought to read all about about this site and the terms and conditions before bidding on any jobs, starting here:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Getting-Started-on-Upwork/m-p/264214#U264214

Highlighted
Brianna L Member Since: May 23, 2017
BEST ANSWER
3 of 6

Hi there,

I also just joined, and haven't even had time to pitch yet, and received my first "offer" early this morning as well, BUT if it's indeed the same offer--an email stating that a hiring manager is waiting for you in google hangouts to interview you for a work-from-home position--beware! This is a common scam: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/beware-scam-interview-via-google-hangout-chat-charles-abell

If this is the case, please forward the email you received to: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Best of luck and I hope you get plenty of real offers soon!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 6

Hi Brianna,

Thanks for the information, I checked the invitation you received and have reported it to our team. Please check the freelancer resources I shared in my reply above and note that you can flag or directly report similar violations to Customer Support.

Highlighted
Brianna L Member Since: May 23, 2017
5 of 6

Thank you-- I actually submitted it to Customer Support as soon as I received it this morning, but then happened to see the above post regarding what sounded like it might be the same scam, and just didn't want anyone getting taken advantage of before it could be removed. I hope this isn't a frequent occurrence on Upwork! 

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
6 of 6

Hi Frances,

I see you accepted the client's offer and have won your first contract on Upwork, congrats!

Seeing you're a new freelancer, please review these resources before submitting new proposals.