🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Newly Start Work in Upwork
Page options
nijum126
Community Member

Newly Start Work in Upwork

Hi everyone,

I have newly started work in Upwork. can i get a suggest that how can i get a order in Upwork easily? And what do I need to improve in my profile and work?

My profile link

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0146d5648cfdc7b7f2

5 REPLIES 5
martina_plaschka
Community Member

My name is Nijum Ahmed, and I try my best to satisfy my clients & make them always happy with my designs.I am the best designer, It is not my word.I am always try to make creative and try to understand client demand.what my client want? So that you can try me because I am a reliable, trustworthy & friendly person to work with.

I can see that English isn't your first language, and that is not a problem, but you need to consider this: Trying means starting to do something but not succeeding. That is the kind of language you want to avoid. You need to present with more confidence. 

It works both ways. The client should not "try" you, since that implies the possibility of failure too. 

But then you do a 180, claiming to be the best designer. The question arises: of what? Upwork? The world? That is a claim that can't be substantiated. I'm pretty sure there are some that are better than you. 

I suggest you rethink how you want to present, maybe find a reasonable middle ground between only trying and being the best. 

alexis-arinze
Community Member

Md. Samirul I wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have newly started work in Upwork. can i get a suggest that how can i get a order in Upwork easily? And what do I need to improve in my profile and work?

Martina made some good points. First and foremorst, though, you are not fluent in English. Clients are going to read your bio, see all the typos, and then see that you declared your profiency level as fluent.. It will create a disconnect. I recommend being truthful. It's not like the skill you're offering is writing-based, so you should be good.

kinector
Community Member

Valid points all of the comments above. 

I'd say the biggest disconnect in your profile text comes on the first row already. That's where I'd stop reading and move on as a client.

Your name in the title shows as "Md. Samirul I.", supposedly Md meaning Muhammad or something similar. 

But then, your opening line introduces you as Nijum Ahmed. 🤨

Most clients would probably suspect a ToS violation of some kind, e.g. the use of someone else's account. 🙄

Oh dear. OP better fix this asap before his profile goes poof.

We're all so excited to hear that "poof" now... 🙄

"More then One years of experience as a full-time freelancer" and "Bachelor of Science (BS), Textile Engineering 2019-2025 (expected)" might be another hint to just about anyone. 😉

Well, it could be the case that he had a bit of a leap year in his studies... Hoping to use Upwork to fund the studies or something. 😜

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths