🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Next steps for the client?
Page options
kalico1
Community Member

Next steps for the client?

I met with my client today and provided the technical support she needed. Now she may have me do another job for her, which will be separate from this one. She said that I need to "charge her" for the time (this was an hourly contract) but I think she has to do something on her side - I don't see anything for me to do.

So I need to confirm that I have the right "next steps" for her to follow:

To close out this job, she needs to "close the contract". After that, she can look for the "Rehire a Freelancer" button, select my name, and provide information on the new project.

Is that correct?

5 REPLIES 5
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

On MOnday, Upwork will send her your timesheets to review automatically.  Nothing for either of you to do.  Unless she disputes it for some reason, your earnings will be available to you the following Wednesday.

If she has more work for you in the near future, you all can keep the contract open for additional work.  Or she can close it (not you, her), give you a rating and re-hire you for more work when it's available.  An open contract will not hurt you for awhile. 

cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Marci,

You may send this link to your client to help her know how to rehire a freelancer. Thank you!

Untitled
stanleykibet
Community Member

You can continue with the current project without the need of her creating a totally new one. You can continue logging time if she has not yet ended the contract and you shall be paid according to the time you have logged. 
If it is an issue concerning a change in the hourly charge, you can tell him or her to increase it for you.
However, if you just need some work history on your upwork profile, then you can just tell the client to create a new project. I STRONGLY advise against this as most clients who have been here long enough don't have the time for this. It is still the same thing if you work on a different project under the current one as long as the hourly charge remains the same,

mtngigi
Community Member

@Marci A wrote:

I met with my client today and provided the technical support she needed. Now she may have me do another job for her, which will be separate from this one. She said that I need to "charge her" for the time (this was an hourly contract) but I think she has to do something on her side - I don't see anything for me to do.

So I need to confirm that I have the right "next steps" for her to follow:

To close out this job, she needs to "close the contract". After that, she can look for the "Rehire a Freelancer" button, select my name, and provide information on the new project.

Is that correct?

Along with other suggestions, you can also use this function:

kalico1
Community Member

Thank you, everyone for your responses! I appreciate the help. She seems to be interested in taking care of (paying for, closing) this project first, then opening a new one. It wasn't my idea. But I will tell her about these options and let her decide what to do.

Thanks!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths