🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Nice welcoming: Cannot log in suspended u...
Page options
9ef99e36
Community Member

Nice welcoming: Cannot log in suspended user

Hi,

I registered aproximatively a week ago then i began to work on something else for 2 to 3 days. When i was done with my task i came back and my account was suspended, how did i knew? When i clicked on the Help & Support link in the footer while looking for help, i was then redirected to my user account, at first glance i did not notice but later i saw that there was an error in the url that was not displayed to me: kind=error&message=Cannot%20log%20in%20suspended%20user%20%23362649869048 which once un-urlencoded gives: Cannot log in suspended user #362649869048

I checked my mails maybe to get the beginning of an aswer, there is nothing about the suspension, not even in my spams, i don't know why my account got suspended.

Since i wasn't able to reach support i then decided to see if i coulda still use the service, and i decided to enter my master card to see if i can pay. I instantly received the notifications of payment. Great! I wrote the two out the three amounts that were above 0.00€, but it did not worked.

I try once again, but this time i copy, and past to be sure i'm not doing a mistake, but its still not working. This time i try in a different order, maybe the order was wrong, but the problem remain the same, its not working try after try. At some point the verification was no longer available because of the unsucessful attempts.

At this point the whole thing get really frustrating, since i can't contact the support so they eventualy explain why my account got suspended for no reason. I itch my head, and then realise that i may not be redirected if i log off, which worked.

I cry a little, explain them whats wrong then hit submit. When i submit the form it refuse to send the email from the address i have registered my accout with, reason: Requester: Firstname Lastname is suspended. GOD **bleep** IT! so i had to enter another address, but i wrote the address linked to my account so they know which account they had to deal with.

It finally worked. I received a confirmation email, great, i may be saved, wow so happy, i almost wanna cry. Wait a couple of hours, then receive this email:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Obviously my problem was not solved, so i decided to give another try yesterday, but it ended this morning with the same result as before withe the same automated closing mail.

So i decide to ask a question on the community hub, and once again its not possible, but the worse of it: its not explained why. When i choose a category none appear. Finally i had to make another account to finally be able to post this.

Somebody less stubborn would have left long ago with a bitter and deep hate about your website, and probably never came back. Please save the last hairs i have left and give me a clear answer explaining me what is wrong, or even better get my main account unsuspended.

Forgive my poor english, i'm not native speaker.

Thank you for your understanding.
Best regards

20 REPLIES 20
JoanneP

Hi John,

Sorry to hear your account was suspended. Please share your Upwork userID or email address via PM so we can take a look and advise. You can PM me by clicking on my picture. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
9ef99e36
Community Member

Hey, when i try to message you from your profile i get the following error:

You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

Edit: i can now send messages.

Hello
My name is **Edited for Community Guidelines**
Sorry
but I created a new login to write this message.
My account has been suspended
Messages to the mail did not come to me
I can't write to the support.
Help me
I think this is related to my nephew
He took my laptop for verification
He doesn't have a camera on his computer
Help me.

Hi Krotov,

Sorry to hear that. Please send me a PM by clicking on my name and provide the Upwork email or userID of the suspended account so I can check. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello

The same problem. Please help.

Hi Fedor,

Please send me a PM(click on my name) with more details so that I can assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello

The same problem. Please help.

mel122
Community Member

hi, I have similar problem occured to one of my friend. The problem is, he's unable to contact support anyhow from his profile. Could you please get in touch with him anyhow, via email or any other way?
This is his profile link **Edited for Community Guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dmitry,

Unfortunately, we are unable to discuss details of another user's account with you for privacy reasons. We hope you understand.  I checked and saw that our team has provided all the available information about their account status on their ticket. Please, check out this help article for more information about the most common reasons for freelancer account holds.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello Joanne!

One of my friends who registered on Upwork recently faced the same issue:

- he was suspended (but with an email notification sent, containing a link to support),

- the link from email didn't work (redirected to "Find Work" page), link on site in header redirected to "Find Work", there was no way to contact support (+ the error message in URL, like John had), 

- he wasn't able to post a message here ("no privileges"), in forum when he found this thread, so he asked me to message you since John's C. issue was identically the same as my friend's account suspension.

P.S. I've surfed the Upwork community forum for the same posts/reports/issues and noticed that this kind of suspensions has become quite frequent, with no chance for the suspended users to contact support, post a message here or any other way to contact Upwork support team — unless they ask a friend/colleague with an active account here to post a request/message here, in this community forum. 
Only in this case, a community guru comes in and notes that "oh, I see that the hold on your account was lifted" — somehow, the magic happens instantly and the suspended account is unblocked (I assume), like what was the problem, after all, meh.

Could you please comment on that? Would be great to know if this way (ask a friend with an active account to post a message here) is the only way to get help for the suspended users or maybe Upwork can suggest other ways to help, excluding broken 'contact support' links, therefore inability to contact support and post a message here due to some 'lack of priviledge'.

Thank you!

Hi Daniel,

Unfortunately we can't share details for other users with you. 
Your friend can also refer to the details our team has shared with them on their tickets. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

I'm aware of the Upwork policies and I understand that you cannot share other user's info with me or anyone else.

The problem is that my friend cannot refer to any tickets at all — as I outlined in my previous post, he cannot neither access support nor leave a message here, so that's why he asked me to try and find out what's going on.

Maybe, I could message you privately with a link to his profile and you could respond directly to him with further instructions/assistance?

Thank you!

Hi Daniel,

I`m sorry about the confusion, I will send you a PM with more details. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I'm aware of the Upwork policies and I understand that you cannot share other user's info with me or anyone else.

The problem is that my friend cannot refer to any tickets at all — as Like Daniel N's friend, he cannot neither access support nor leave a message here, so that's why he asked me to try and find out what's going on.

Maybe, like Daniel N I could message you privately with a link to his profile and you could respond directly to him with further instructions/assistance?

The major thing: please give him ability to login to support website to see his old support requests, because he would like to send a request to marketplace appeals team.

My friend also told me that customer from Germany invited him through BYO (Bring your own freelancer program) and he needs to work on his customer and he must work that customer.

Hi Alexander,

I will reach out to you via PM with more details, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran Thank you!,

I just replied to you via PM with my friend's credentials (Full name, Profile id, E-mai)l.
Please do your best to help him. He is a very nice person from University.

alexp56
Community Member

I have the same problem with account. I I can`t send any messages, so I created a new account to post this. 

I didn`t got any email and I can`t write to the support. Can you give me a hand?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Alex,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

The same problem! I created a new account for replying, help me please!

Hi Konstantin,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with your account, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths