Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nice welcoming: Cannot log in suspended user

Daniel N Member Since: Jul 16, 2019
11 of 19

Hello Joanne!

One of my friends who registered on Upwork recently faced the same issue:

- he was suspended (but with an email notification sent, containing a link to support),

- the link from email didn't work (redirected to "Find Work" page), link on site in header redirected to "Find Work", there was no way to contact support (+ the error message in URL, like John had), 

- he wasn't able to post a message here ("no privileges"), in forum when he found this thread, so he asked me to message you since John's C. issue was identically the same as my friend's account suspension.

P.S. I've surfed the Upwork community forum for the same posts/reports/issues and noticed that this kind of suspensions has become quite frequent, with no chance for the suspended users to contact support, post a message here or any other way to contact Upwork support team — unless they ask a friend/colleague with an active account here to post a request/message here, in this community forum. 
Only in this case, a community guru comes in and notes that "oh, I see that the hold on your account was lifted" — somehow, the magic happens instantly and the suspended account is unblocked (I assume), like what was the problem, after all, meh.

Could you please comment on that? Would be great to know if this way (ask a friend with an active account to post a message here) is the only way to get help for the suspended users or maybe Upwork can suggest other ways to help, excluding broken 'contact support' links, therefore inability to contact support and post a message here due to some 'lack of priviledge'.

Thank you!

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
12 of 19

Hi Daniel,

Unfortunately we can't share details for other users with you. 
Your friend can also refer to the details our team has shared with them on their tickets. Thank you.

Untitled
Daniel N Member Since: Jul 16, 2019
13 of 19

Hi Goran,

I'm aware of the Upwork policies and I understand that you cannot share other user's info with me or anyone else.

The problem is that my friend cannot refer to any tickets at all — as I outlined in my previous post, he cannot neither access support nor leave a message here, so that's why he asked me to try and find out what's going on.

Maybe, I could message you privately with a link to his profile and you could respond directly to him with further instructions/assistance?

Thank you!

14 of 19

Hi Daniel,

I`m sorry about the confusion, I will send you a PM with more details. Thank you.

Untitled
Alexander G Member Since: Jul 3, 2019
15 of 19

Hi,

I'm aware of the Upwork policies and I understand that you cannot share other user's info with me or anyone else.

The problem is that my friend cannot refer to any tickets at all — as Like Daniel N's friend, he cannot neither access support nor leave a message here, so that's why he asked me to try and find out what's going on.

Maybe, like Daniel N I could message you privately with a link to his profile and you could respond directly to him with further instructions/assistance?

The major thing: please give him ability to login to support website to see his old support requests, because he would like to send a request to marketplace appeals team.

My friend also told me that customer from Germany invited him through BYO (Bring your own freelancer program) and he needs to work on his customer and he must work that customer.

16 of 19

Hi Alexander,

I will reach out to you via PM with more details, thank you.

Untitled
Alexander G Member Since: Jul 3, 2019
17 of 19

Goran Thank you!,

I just replied to you via PM with my friend's credentials (Full name, Profile id, E-mai)l.
Please do your best to help him. He is a very nice person from University.

Alex P Member Since: Sep 18, 2019
18 of 19

I have the same problem with account. I I can`t send any messages, so I created a new account to post this. 

I didn`t got any email and I can`t write to the support. Can you give me a hand?

19 of 19

Hi Alex,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS