🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: No Feedback Given
Page options
rockstarz
Community Member

No Feedback Given

Hello, 

I am very happy with the overall experience on UpWork, I have recently finished a small job ($15 for a 3 minute task)  The client was responsive, happy, and said - It was a pleasure working with you, thank you for everything.

For some reason, I keep seeing that No Feedback Was Given, can a client just not provide feedback?
Is there a way to show screenshots of our conversation in order to somehow get the rating and feedback?

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kat303
Community Member

If the Client closed the contract, they have to leave feedback. They can't close a contract without leaving feedback. If they closed the contract and left feedback but you didn't leave feedback for them then unless you leave feedback, it will take about 14 days for their feedback to show.

If you closed the contract, and left feedback, the client will then get a notice to leave feedback. If that is the case they are not required to, and some clients will leave feedback and some clients won't. That's why it's best if the client closes the contract. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
mtngigi
Community Member

Avi V wrote:

Hello, 

I am very happy with the overall experience on UpWork, I have recently finished a small job ($15 for a 3 minute task)  The client was responsive, happy, and said - It was a pleasure working with you, thank you for everything.

For some reason, I keep seeing that No Feedback Was Given, can a client just not provide feedback?
Is there a way to show screenshots of our conversation in order to somehow get the rating and feedback?

Thank you.

Was the contract closed? If so, by whom? Clients cannot close contracts without leaving feedback.

prestonhunter
Community Member

This is NORMAL.

When the cilent closes the account, she MUST leave feedback.

But that feedback doesn't immediately show up on your profile page. It can take a few hours or days to show up. Many elements of the profile page and other Upwork pages are cached rather than generated on-the-fly all the time.

kat303
Community Member

If the Client closed the contract, they have to leave feedback. They can't close a contract without leaving feedback. If they closed the contract and left feedback but you didn't leave feedback for them then unless you leave feedback, it will take about 14 days for their feedback to show.

If you closed the contract, and left feedback, the client will then get a notice to leave feedback. If that is the case they are not required to, and some clients will leave feedback and some clients won't. That's why it's best if the client closes the contract. 

youngrq87
Community Member

What does it mean for clients to close a contract? When a client approves a Project I complete, are they closing the contract? I have several successfully completed project where no feedback was given (it's been over 30 days). It's not possible for me to end the contracts for a Project. 

Hi Roger,

Thank you for reaching out to us. When a client approves a milestone on a project, that means they agreed to release the payment for the work submitted on the said milestone. But this does not equate to closing the contract. If there's no discussion of additional milestones for the project, the contract can already be ended. 

Please know that both clients and freelancers have the option to end the contract at any time. Although, I would suggest that you communicate first with your client to confirm that they don't have any more work for you, before proceeding to close the contract.

To end your contract:

1. Go to My Jobs
  2. Click the contract's title
  3. Select the (...) options menu
  4. Click End contract

I hope this helps!

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi,

I'm only having this issue when a client purchases a Project from my Project Catalogue. When I click on a completed project in My Jobs the (...) options menu does not include the option to End Contract. The only option available is to give a refund. 

I can see that the status of these projects is "Project Complete" and I see in the details tab, under Client's Feedback to You, "No Feedback Received". I finished this project over a month ago and the client ended the contract/approved the project.

If clients "must" leave feedback when a project ends, why am I not seeing any feedback?

Thanks,

Roger

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Avi, 

I checked the contract you are referring to, and it looks like the contract was closed just recently. When a contract is closed, the party that closes the contract is automatically prompted to leave feedback for the other party. The other party will have 14-days from when the contract was closed to leave feedback. Your client has until 5-September to leave feedback for you. If they miss this timeframe, they should be able to 'edit' their feedback for you, if you enable them to do so. 

You may read more about it here, and here.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths