Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Hires

Highlighted
Devika H Member Since: Feb 4, 2017
1 of 8

Hi! A little help please?

I was a 'Rising Talent' freelancer a few months back, doing steady transcription work for repeat-clients, when I was phished out of my savings. Suffice to say, I was locked out of my account and didn't receive a response from the help desk either. This was one of those naive Upwork phases I've since tried to avoid.

I rebuilt my profile from scratch, but seem to be doing less than okay now - especially since there are no more client reviews, work history, earnings or hours logged. I've done the edits and the recommended profile updates but to no avail.

Disheartened, I was off the network for about a month, and now that I'm back, I'd really like to know what I'm doing wrong. I've redone the profile (again). Could someone - pretty please - go through my profile, and give me some insight on what's putting potential clients off?

Thanks a ton to anyone who looks this way.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 8

So how many accounts do you actually have on Upwork?

You know you can only have ONE, and have to close any duplicates very quickly or you'll end up suspended on all of them, right?

Highlighted
3 of 8

My account was deleted off Upwork, so I couldn't remedy the situation as an insider. I did assume that was clear:

Suffice to say, I was locked out of my account; I didn't receive a response from the help desk either. This was one of those naive Upwork phases I've since tried to avoid.

I rebuilt my profile from scratch, but seem to be doing less than okay now - especially since there are no more client reviews, work history, earnings or hours logged.

Right now, this is the only account I have, and the only profile I'm updating/modifying. All details/email ids/Skrill accounts associated with the previous one have been closed as well, and I lost almost 1200$ in the process. I'd also e-mailed my clients during this fiasco, informing them that I had been phished off the network, and would be unable to contact them off Upwork.

Highlighted
Community Guru
4 of 8

@Devika H wrote:

My account was deleted off Upwork,

I found one profile with a few Dollars earned in August last year. Is that the one you are posting from?

Highlighted
5 of 8

Oh. That's surprising.

Sorry, no. I'm unaware of another profile. But I was phished around that time - June of 2016. I was off Upwork until November, when I began from scratch.

The only profile I have is : https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/_~011000796c50dad879/

Highlighted
Community Guru
6 of 8

If you were off Upwork until November, and created this profile in November, why is there a job completed in August 2016 on it?

august.jpg

There must be the original profile where the rest of your work history is, somewhere, too.

Your profile is ok, but please please please take the "grammar -****" term out of it. Horribly, dreadfully offensive term and will put off a lot of people.

Highlighted
7 of 8

Petra,I'm extremely sorry, completely my mistake. I started the profile in August. That was my very first job once I rejoined Upwork. Turns out I've been off the network for more than two months - I never noticed.

Thanks a lot for your feedback. I see how the term could come off flippant. I shall get 'round to changing it ASAP.

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
8 of 8

Hi Devika,

I found a previous account of yours but it doesn't seem to be the one you're referring to. Could you please pm me the account details so I could locate the one you're referring to?