🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » No SMS capability for text verificaiton
Page options
itsajoy
Community Member

No SMS capability for text verificaiton

Hello. I am in the process of creating a new freelancer profile and am at the text verification step. I entered in a land line number but it does not have text capability. Is there any other way that I can verify the account? Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

@Joyous C wrote:

Hello. I am in the process of creating a new freelancer profile and am at the text verification step. I entered in a land line number but it does not have text capability. Is there any other way that I can verify the account? Thank you.

Unless your parents are called Mr and Mrs Creation and had the incredibly weird idea to name you "Joyous" as your legal first name, the phone number verification is the least of your problems.

Which part of "Your profile name must be your real, legal name as it appears on your ID documents" were you having trouble understanding?

itsajoy
Community Member

Thank you for the advice. I would like to have my company name as the profile name for invoice purposes. I am seeing now that is not possible and may need to create an agency for my company and just use my personal profile for freelancing. Any advice on how to change this current profile to my given name? Thank you.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joyous,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
klegier
Community Member

I'm also having this issue, any fix for it as of now?
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kevin, 

A member of the team will get in touch with you to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths